• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

our offensive line

ericr0319

Where do we stand? Right now, it is not good - and next year it looks even worse. I think we need to address defense the first two rounds of this draft, but man our line does not look good.

LT - Russell Okung; on the back end of his career and 1 year left on deal

LG - (who am I missing here?)

C - Matt Paradis; not a great first year with the team

RG - John Miller? 

RT - Taylor Moton 

Then we have guys like: Dennis Daley, Greg Little, and other depth guys. Little I was not sold on the moment we drafted him. 

1 minute ago, jfra78 said:

I'm optimistic about Paradis, but I don't think we extend him past this year.  We are in need of a guard and I hope we address it in the 3rd or 4th. If we do that, I think we will at least be better than last year.

yeah I am hoping for better days from Paradis. I think on paper, this year, our line could be better, but where do we go after 2020. 

I expect as bad as last year to below average this year. I am very interested to see who can step up through the process this year.

If Moton can't get over the hump we could be looking at 5 new linemen being needed next year. Hopefully one of the OGs we picked up can at the least fill in as a dependable player in the Oline rebuild that is needed. I really want to see a C picked up in the draft that can take over for Paradis no later than next year. That seems very achievable.

1 minute ago, ericr0319 said:

yeah I am hoping for better days from Paradis. I think on paper, this year, our line could be better, but where do we go after 2020. 

Slide the guy we draft this year to center, draft another guard, and hope little can hold down LT, I guess.

People forget

Okung was not good in LA and had major injuy issues.  Actually dam near about lost his life last year and quite a few people didnt think he'd play again after they found blood clots in his lungs last year.

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

People forget

Okung was not good in LA and had major injuy issues.  Actually dam near about lost his life last year and quite a few people didnt think he'd play again after they found blood clots in his lungs last year.

Blood clots aside, he looked very obviously in decline. Even Ellis notated it in a tweet. Still better than anyone that we put on the field last year but that bar was on the ground so not much of a comparison.

25 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

Where do we stand? Right now, it is not good - and next year it looks even worse. I think we need to address defense the first two rounds of this draft, but man our line does not look good.

LT - Russell Okung; on the back end of his career and 1 year left on deal

LG - (who am I missing here?)

C - Matt Paradis; not a great first year with the team

RG - John Miller? 

RT - Taylor Moton 

Then we have guys like: Dennis Daley, Greg Little, and other depth guys. Little I was not sold on the moment we drafted him. 

Little will get first crack at LG and will be our backup LT.  Larsen is still our backup center and reserve LG.  Daley will be our back up RT and RG.  That's 8.  We typically only carry 9 or, at most 10,  on the 53 man roster.  So we are looking for 1-2 guys.

50 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Little will get first crack at LG and will be our backup LT.  Larsen is still our backup center and reserve LG.  Daley will be our back up RT and RG.  That's 8.  We typically only carry 9 or, at most 10,  on the 53 man roster.  So we are looking for 1-2 guys.

Just because I don't know, under the new CBA the roster size goes from 53 to 55.  I know they are changing the playoffs for this year, are they changing the roster size?  They are not adding the 17th game this year but I have not heard anything about the roster size.  Anyone know? 

I'm honestly not sure how many long-term answers we have on the roster right now. Moton is young and has played well, but I think if the current staff was sold on him he would've already been extended. Little and Daley showed some flashes last season as rookies but them more they played the worse they looked and Little has the repeat concussion issue lingering. Okung is on the wrong side of 30, coming off an injury plagued season, and he's in the last year of his contract. Paradis looked completely terrible last year.

I'm honestly not sure why OT isn't being considered as a more serious option for us at #7. Depending on how the draft goes, it might be the best pick for us. I don't think it's likely, but it's very possible that Brown, Okudah, and Simmons go in the top 6. If they do and Wills is there, I would take him over Kinlaw.

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm honestly not sure how many long-term answers we have on the roster right now. Moton is young and has played well, but I think if the current staff was sold on him he would've already been extended. Little and Daley showed some flashes last season as rookies but them more they played the worse they looked and Little has the repeat concussion issue lingering. Okung is on the wrong side of 30, coming off an injury plagued season, and he's in the last year of his contract. Paradis looked completely terrible last year.

I'm honestly not sure why OT isn't being considered as a more serious option for us at #7. Depending on how the draft goes, it might be the best pick for us. I don't think it's likely, but it's very possible that Brown, Okudah, and Simmons go in the top 6. If they do and Wills is there, I would take him over Kinlaw.

OT is a huge need, but so is DT, LB, and CB and there are 3 franchise players sitting there, whereas nobody can seem to agree on who is the best OT out of the 4. 

1 minute ago, ericr0319 said:

OT is a huge need, but so is DT, LB, and CB and there are 3 franchise players sitting there, whereas nobody can seem to agree on who is the best OT out of the 4. 

My point is that there's definitely a chance that the DT, LB, and CB all go earlier than #7. I don't think that'll happen, but it's certainly possible and if it does happen, it's highly likely the best option remaining for us will be our top OT.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My point is that there's definitely a chance that the DT, LB, and CB all go earlier than #7. I don't think that'll happen, but it's certainly possible and if it does happen, it's highly likely the best option remaining for us will be our top OT.

if that scenario happens then that means a QB is left on the board and we trade down fast. 

Archived