• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Derrick Brown, right?

Jeremy Igo

9 minutes ago, SOJA said:

I actually think Brown is our least likely option at this point

Okudah, Simmons, Kinlaw, Brown in order

I do think if the first two are off the board we will look to trade down to the 9-14 range 

How anybody who has watch snap by snap video of Brown and Kinlaw and actually has Kinlaw over Brown is confusing... What are you ppl seeing they are 2 different players on separate levels..

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

See this is where its ticky tacky

Brown is a Generational player, best NT to come out since Suh.  Every SEC OL said he's the brst DL theyve faced, including Quennen Williams 

Simmons wasn't even better than the top 2 LBs last year.  He is just a freak with ability.  Oneof the most Gifted players to come out.  But no where the generational player, he was good not grwat in college.

Brown is not a Generational talent. He ran a damn 5.1 and has limited upside as a pass rusher. A generational talent is a freak and has the upside to do anything at the position. Simmons is something we have never seen before. He has the ability to play saftey and compares favorably to derwin james and Jaylen ramsey but is faster than both. Line him up where ever hes a difference maker. Brown is a bull rushing nose. thats what he does and does it well but hes not a generational talent and he wasnt better than Quinnen williams. what are you talking about.

1 minute ago, micnificent28 said:

Brown is not a Generational talent. He ran a damn 5.1 and has limited upside as a pass rusher. A generational talent is a freak and has the upside to do anything at the position. Simmons is something we have never seen before. He has the ability to play saftey and compares favorably to derwin james and Jaylen ramsey but is faster than both. Line him up where ever hes a difference maker. Brown is a bull rushing nose. thats what he does and does it well but hes not a generational talent and he wasnt better than Quinnen williams. what are you talking about.

Kris Jenkins ran a 5.2. Anyone judging a DT by a 40 time doesn't have a very good understanding of a DT's role in the game of football.

Brown, Okuda, and Simmons all feel a need.  Okuda and Simmons are probably rated a bit higher.

I'm sure Brown's combine makes some people nervous.  Its not that his lack of athleticism means he will be bad, it just means his pass rush might not translate as well at the next level, and a lot of teams don't like spending top 10 picks on DTs that just mostly stop the run.  You can find those later.

He might be the safest pick in the top 10, but he might not influence your team as much as some others.

Kinlaw is probably rated closer to Brown on a lot of teams boards.  Some people think he has a higher ceiling.  Personally I think we do.

Whether or not we have the nerve to pick Kinlaw over Brown I don't know.  I'm sure some GMs can be shy about picking the guy that doesn't seem to be the expected choice.  I could see us "hoping" for a trade down so we could.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Kris Jenkins ran a 5.2. Anyone judging a DT by a 40 time doesn't have a very good understanding of a DT's role in the game of football.

and how many sacks did he have?  and where was he drafted?

Don't get me wrong, Im a huge fan of Brown.  He just isnt' my automatic pick at that spot.  I would probably take Okuda or Simmons over him, also if could choose between Brown at 7 or Kinlaw at 12 plus an extra second rounder, I'll take Kinlaw and the pick.

If we to "settle" on Brown I definitely won't be complaining.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The closes Generational talent at DT I've seen was Haloti Ngata and he ran a 5.18 40'.. Not saying Brown is one but 40 time isn't what you care about.. IF your DT is running 40 yards down the field its usually a bad situation..

Ppl don't understand when you're looking at DT's  at the combine.. All you should worry about is the 10 and 20 yards splits. The cone drills and the bench...

12 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

How anybody who has watch snap by snap video of Brown and Kinlaw and actually has Kinlaw over Brown is confusing... What are you ppl seeing they are 2 different players on separate levels..

Kinlaw has more upside, Brown's athletic testing is a concern 

10 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Brown, Okuda, and Simmons all feel a need.  Okuda and Simmons are probably rated a bit higher.

I'm sure Brown's combine makes some people nervous.  Its not that his lack of athleticism means he will be bad, it just means his pass rush might not translate as well at the next level, and a lot of teams don't like spending top 10 picks on DTs that just mostly stop the run.  You can find those later.

He might be the safest pick in the top 10, but he might not influence your team as much as some others.

Kinlaw is probably rated closer to Brown on a lot of teams boards.  Some people think he has a higher ceiling.  Personally I think we do.

Whether or not we have the nerve to pick Kinlaw over Brown I don't know.  I'm sure some GMs can be shy about picking the guy that doesn't seem to be the expected choice.  I could see us "hoping" for a trade down so we could.

Then these ppl aren't actually watching game tape and should be fired... If they have Kinlaw close to Brown...

2 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

and how many sacks did he have?  and where was he drafted?

Don't get me wrong, Im a huge fan of Brown.  He just isnt' my automatic pick at that spot.  I would probably take Okuda or Simmons over him, also if could choose between Brown at 7 or Kinlaw at 12 plus an extra second rounder, I'll take Kinlaw and the pick.

If we to "settle" on Brown I definitely won't be complaining.

I don't really consider draft position once a guy is in the league. At that point it's all about performance and impact and at his peak, Jenkins was probably the best DT in the NFL.

The team already has a pass rushing DT. They need a run stopper that commands double teams. Star and KK were a perfect combination. KK and McCoy is what we had last season. They don't compliment each other as well as we'd hoped. Brown would fill the missing piece - unless the team is planning to get rid of KK soon. 

Archived