• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Derrick Brown, right?

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, shaqattaq said:

I see G-man grabbing Brown or Wirfs. he loves him some hog mollies. I'd be happy with the other one.

He does love hog mollies

But he's the same dude who drafted Shaq Thompson, that LB/Safety hybrid while Never drafting a OL other than Moton at the end of the 2nd (our 3rd pick) his last draft.

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Brown is that guy who draws attention and breaks down that wall for the Burns, KK, Shaq, etc.

And guess which now-an-NFL-OC decided that Brown was such a badass that he needed to commit 3 of his players to him??? EVERYTHING starts in the trenches!

42 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This. That's all I'm saying.

stbugs just loves getting his panties all up in a wad and then using horrific examples to support his opinions if someone doesn't 100% agree with his prophetic words. LOL!

Lol. Geez, seems like it’s you having a problem here. Shaq is a bad example at pick 25, but Butler is perfect at 30. C’mon, you haven’t said anything intelligent about the Giants DT, LB, CB and T situation other than the oh gee Dave sure likes his hog mollies. Remember Vernon?

Ok, no need to interject any real discussion into the Giants are taking Brown before us talk.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Lol. Geez, seems like it’s you having a problem here. Shaq is a bad example at pick 25, but Butler is perfect at 30. C’mon, you haven’t said anything intelligent about the Giants DT, LB, CB and T situation other than the oh gee Dave sure likes his hog mollies. Remember Vernon?

Ok, no need to interject any real discussion into the Giants are taking Brown before us talk.

It's almost like you've forgotten everything we know about Gettleman due to an opinion you've already formed. When has Gettleman ever let need come into the equation on 1st round picks? Even your own Shaq example, we already had Luke and TD. Shaq was stuck on the pine for years behind those guys. He still took him in the 1st.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, LSU won the game but Brady had a front row seat watching Brown do whatever he wanted to his OL.

It wasn’t a coincidence that Auburn’s DEF was the only team to keep LSU “somewhat” under control. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:
1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Even if he isnt getting the sack #'s (because they are Triple teaming etc)  its freeing up others.

This is the impact of an elite DT that a lot of people miss. A big part of their impact isn't the numbers they put up, but the increased production of the guys beside them and behind them because of the work they're doing.

It's also why KK looked so very much better while Star was playing next to him.

Just now, shaqattaq said:

I honestly think it's a combination of missing Star and age/injuries taking their toll. Short misses Star, but Short is also nowhere near the player he once was. IMO, he's gone from a high impact player to our biggest cap liability.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It's almost like you've forgotten everything we know about Gettleman due to an opinion you've already formed. When has Gettleman ever let need come into the equation on 1st round picks? Even your own Shaq example, we already had Luke and TD. Shaq was stuck on the pine for years behind those guys. He still took him in the 1st.

Again, your examples are bad. Shaq wasn’t riding the pine. He was the third starting LB after his rookie year. He still started 10 games his rookie year too. He was the guy who came out for the nickel, but let’s not pretend he wasn’t LB #3 in the 4-3. After his rookie year, he played about 2/3rds of all defensive snaps.

Also, you still haven’t commented on why Brown makes sense for the Giants. The Butler scenario was completely different IMHO. We didn’t have two starters and two legit backups all with a lot more than 1-2 years left on their deals (if the extend Williams like they’ve said they want to).

He drafted Butler and that’s it that could be a hog mollie over other needs. That’s a thin premise when you still won’t tell me why they need a DT. Hog mollie on the OL, sure, makes much better sense. 

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Again, your examples are bad. Shaq wasn’t riding the pine. He was the third starting LB after his rookie year. He still started 10 games his rookie year too. He was the guy who came out for the nickel, but let’s not pretend he wasn’t LB #3 in the 4-3. After his rookie year, he played about 2/3rds of all defensive snaps.

Also, you still haven’t commented on why Brown makes sense for the Giants. The Butler scenario was completely different IMHO. We didn’t have two starters and two legit backups all with a lot more than 1-2 years left on their deals (if the extend Williams like they’ve said they want to).

He drafted Butler and that’s it that could be a hog mollie over other needs. That’s a thin premise when you still won’t tell me why they need a DT. Hog mollie on the OL, sure, makes much better sense. 

Have you read anything I've typed or are you so stuck inside your own head that you can't make sense of it? Seriously, go back and read.

1 minute ago, shaqattaq said:

Now your starting to connect the dots 

Though.  IMO the Shoulder has been a issue for KK for a while.

He had a Good season right after he signed.  Then the 2nd didnt look good.

1. The loss of Star was Huge

2. And I pointed this out and people brushed it off.  KK was on the injiry report starting aboit week 3 that year with....a shoulder injury.  He ended up not having a good year.  People said he sucked and was lazy, then by week 2? this year, he was ruled out with the torn rotator cuff.

Im not convinced he didnt play the year before on a bad shoulder, tried to fight through, then ended up bowing out early this year for the surgery.  So if he heals well, and we get a NT like Brown.  I Do think we could see old KK again l.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Even if we are poor at stopping the run, it doesn’t mean you don’t pick a freak like Simmons. Imagine we don’t pick Luke in 2012 because our DTs sucked...

Fletcher Cox happens.

Luke was obviously a no-brainer, but Cox is a hell of a consolation prize. 

Archived