• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Derrick Brown, right?

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, beo said:

what? simmons was amazing this year in college and lead a top 3 defense to the national championship. 100 tackles,  8 sacks and 3 picks along with 16.5 TFL and 8 PDs,  and the film looks even better than those numbers show.

This is the problem with Simmons to me.  He was surrounded by blue-chip talent across that whole defense, practically 3-deep.  Would he have been that good on a lesser team?  Chances are no.  We will be that lesser team next and I doubt he'll have such an impact if the Panthers draft him.

I don’t want Brown at #7. You better be an elite can’t miss DT to be drafted that high. I don’t see Brown being the next Aaron Donald or Ndamukong Suh. If you want Brown, be smart and trade a couple spots back. 

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Imo Jordan love holds the key to our pick at 7.  

Especially if Dolphins and Chargers both take a QB.  Anyone else wanting at crack at the last of the top tier QBs may be on the phone with us to move up.  I've seen mocks where the Chargers take Love over Herbert, btw.  

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Wait, you talk about Shaq not making sense as an example at pick 25 and then you say Butler at 30 is a good example? Can’t have it both ways.

It was an example of why your examples were poo.

Straight from the mouth of Dave Gettleman:

"You've got to run the ball. You got to stop the run. You got to pressure the passer. Everywhere I've been and with the great teams that I've been associated with - those were three very big staples," he said. "Another philosophy about team building, Tom Coughlin said it to me his first when he came in here, he said 'Big men allow you to compete.'

"And that's really just so true. The o-line and the d-line, I believe in the hog mollies. We've had some great groups here, had great groups everywhere I've been, and we're going to get back to that. They do allow you to compete."

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Yes, but will that happen though?  Pretty far fetched that the Lions who are completely depleted at corner intentionally skips out on the top guy at the position in the draft.  Okudah and Simmons grade out similarly, so it's not a BPA scenario for Simmons.  The Lions would have to really like Simmons more than Okudah is what that boils down to.

Patricia's job is on the line.  They already had Slay with that defense last year and only did so much.  They need a guy running that defense for a decade, not a shut down corner IMO.  Actually makes more sense to draft Simmons and a lot of the Lions fandom prefers Simmons. Could happen. 

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Especially if Dolphins and Chargers both take a QB.  Anyone else wanting at crack at the last of the top tier QBs may be on the phone with us to move up.  I've seen mocks where the Chargers take Love over Herbert, btw.  

Yep. Or love goes before 7 pushing someone to us

22 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Even if we are poor at stopping the run, it doesn’t mean you don’t pick a freak like Simmons. Imagine we don’t pick Luke in 2012 because our DTs sucked...

No but if Fletcher Cox or Suh were also on the board.  You probably wouldve taken then instead

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Gettleman is the wildcard.  The Giants need help about everywhere like us.  The Lions are about as close to a shoo-in for Okudah as there could be, leaving the Giants going with OT, DT or LB.  An OT or Simmons have been the hot commodities of late, but some people are still mocking Brown to the G-men.  If Brown gets past the Giants and they drafted Simmons, then yes, Brown is unquestionably the pick.

I see G-man grabbing Brown or Wirfs. he loves him some hog mollies. I'd be happy with the other one.

Archived