• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Derrick Brown, right?

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Yep. DT is way bigger need. I think some here aren’t understanding KK is DONE. He will never be what he was ...in his one great year. He was already sucking ass comparatively speaking to his salary right after he got paid, before injury. Now it will be a Charles Johnson scenario except he is being paid way too fuging much as he always was and he won’t be playing above average.

At this point we can only hope he comes back as an extremely expensive serviceable dline man.

That said the team has absolutely nothing at DT that are going to have opposing teams thinking twice about running it or stepping into a pocket, added to the fact a historically atrocious run defense last year, like set records awful. 

Can’t imagine a DB being more of a priority unless Brown is gone and it’s a true BPA. I expect the Panthers to take at least 2 dlineman in this draft.

I should've added "other than QB". If we think there's a franchise QB available, take him. If not and Brown is there, take Brown. Don't overthink this.

1 minute ago, micnificent28 said:

Brown is the worst outcome and its not a bad one, My point is he is as bad as it can get for us meaning even hurney can't screw this up. I wouldn't want to spend a 7 on a Nose tackle because thats gonna be where he does most of his work and i feel we can get a pull later.. Earlier I would like to grab the generational talent like simmons or a shut down cb. 

This is the correct answer. Fine pick at 7 and fills a need for us, but not close to being a homerun of Okudah or Simmons

2 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Who do you see the team going with if both Simmons and Brown are available? I think the team may go with Brown even if both are available. If the Giants pass on Simmons I think he falls to us.

Lots of replies in that thread.

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think so. In a roster chock full of holes, DT seems like the biggest one to me. Brown is a stud of a prospect that dominated SEC OLs. Virtually every draftable SEC OL said he was their toughest match up in college.

I'm sold.

This!

Remember 

BEFORE  he participated in the combine.  He was top 3-4 on about everyone's big board.

Had he pulled a Chase Young, Kinlaw, Burrow, etc and not Participated.  People woupd be talking about him like they are Okudah.  Players spoke about how he was the toughest guy they faced like WRs said about Okudah.  (And this didnt just include interior OL, it was OTs too.  And guys were even saying tougher than Quennen Williams)

20 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Who are they? Who are the 0/1 technique that can play Opposite from KK, stop the run and get pressure up the middle. 

There’s a reason Brown and Kinlaw are going much higher than the other DTs. 

Go Kinlaw! LEAP UP THE BOARD TO PICK #7 BABY!!!

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He hasn't. I think Jenkins was drafted the year before he became the GM.

Correct.

Either Fox and Ron really didn't value the DT position (would be hard to believe after double dipping for KK and Star), or Marty has absolutely no idea how to scout DT's and has no understanding of the position itself.

Just now, thefuzz said:

Correct.

Either Fox and Ron really didn't value the DT position (would be hard to believe after double dipping for KK and Star), or Marty has absolutely no idea how to scout DT's and has no understanding of the position itself.

Yeah, I can't imagine not only defensive minded coaches but front seven comes first defensive minded coaches not highly valuing DT. We've just absolutely sucked at identifying and targeting DT talent under Hurney.

Stop with Okudah. Really. He may be great but if we pick him, then they don't pass on one side of the field, but instead just run it straight up the middle.

We'd have 17 repeats of last year's game against the Redskins.

It's got to be Brown unless Simmons is still somehow on the board.

Archived