• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Derrick Brown, right?

Jeremy Igo

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If Little was in this draft class he'd be a 3rd rounder at best IMO. I don't even know if he'd go that high.

and that is point exactly.  Almost any other year you have to reach for a tackle.  This year is looking like one of the best tackle classes in the last 10 years and we have a chance to get one of the top guys, if not the top, and possible even trade down a little and still get one.

33 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

But you might have quality OT already on the roster if we give them more then 4 games of development to see...

Then one can play RT.  Maybe someone moves to guard. 

Either way I'll worry about having too many good OTs when it actually happens.

Just now, WOW!! said:

Alot of LT look like trash their rookie season.. Because it's not a position that the transition is easy to do... That's why you should really never throw them out there at that position their rookie season... Just like Jordan Gross they should have worked him at a different position for a year .. Especially adding into the fact that neither him nor Daley had got many reps in TC or the preseason... Again those 4 games shouldn't be used as a final judgment due to the context of the situation...

I'm not necessarily judging him, I'm just saying I wouldn't use his presence on the roster as reasoning to pass on a guy I thought was a franchise LT. Just like I wouldn't use Teddy Bridgewater's presence on the roster as reasoning to pass on a guy I thought was a franchise QB. We wouldn't have traded for Russell Okung if we were sold in the least on Greg Little at LT.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not necessarily judging him, I'm just saying I wouldn't use his presence on the roster as reasoning to pass on a guy I thought was a franchise LT. Just like I wouldn't use Teddy Bridgewater's presence on the roster as reasoning to pass on a guy I thought was a franchise QB. We wouldn't have traded for Russell Okung if we were sold in the least on Greg Little at LT.

Nooo.. You trade for Okung to make up for the mistakes last years coaching staff did... Okung is a insurance policy and stolegap so you're not throwing any young player into the fire.... Okung should be here even if you draft one of these " can't miss greatest OT class of all time" prospects .. (Funny how alot of ppl were saying the same poo about last years class).. 

Smart teams don't start rookie LT... They get QB killed ... No matter how good they look in college.. The transition is huge to the pro's.. You need a vet stopgap.. Ron biggest mistake last year was thinking that Darryl Williams was that stopgap.. They should have moved Moton over to left.. We would be in a better situation now if they did that.. Hopefully the new coaching staff won't be so stubborn and make the same mistakes..

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I absolutely agree with you that Moton should've been playing LT last year.

To this day I still don't understand the logic or who was so against putting Moton at LT.. 

Darryl Williams never played LT even in college.. Moton did.. WTF RON!!

Little was in a position to fail last year. The line had no chemistry because it was always changing due to injuries. He also had several injuries and a staff around him that was also changing. Who did he have to help him develop? Williams? He has plenty of talent and started off looking decent before injuries. Okung sures up our LT position while our staff can get a good look at Little who can learn from Okung. I think the whole reason we traded for Okung is so we don’t have to draft a LT this year. We just have too many other holes to fill. Hopefully Little turns out to be solid and we won’t need a LT next year. Teddy and Okung were picked up so we can use the draft on other needs. Right now we need a DT and CB above all with OG and LB next on the list. We can capable starters at other positions.

2 hours ago, WOW!! said:

To this day I still don't understand the logic or who was so against putting Moton at LT.. 

Darryl Williams never played LT even in college.. Moton did.. WTF RON!!

I hope whoever plays QB in a 'Skins uniform is ready to run for his life.

Because that is damn sure Ron Rivera's SOP.

On 4/9/2020 at 11:35 AM, ncfan said:

Let me ask you this

What does Okudah do while teams are running 250+ on us?

Simmons is that nice sexy sports car

Anyone who's watched film will agree.  The tjing that caused Lukes drop off the last 2 seasons was the OL getting All over him at ease.

And you know what our DL has gotten worse.

Simmons has that ability, but let me ask you this 

Does a Ferrari break through a Brick wall better than a Toyota Camry?

now there will be local homers that will come up with bu but but he can run around with that speed.  Thats not how it works in the NFL.  This isnt a track race, its a contact sport.  And when teams are running the ball. And the OL blast right through to the 2nd level untouched, all that 4.3 speed means about about as much as how far you can kick a ball. 

So why Brown?

He breaks down that wall.

There's a reason why Panthers Defenses took a major step back after losing Kris Jenkins and Star.

Brown is that guy who draws attention and breaks down that wall for the Burns, KK, Shaq, etc.

Brown is that anchor. We need desperately that will help in the Pass D AND Run D.

I'm done trying to convince these people what Brown will do for this defense and why the position in general is so important. I hope Brown gets to show them why and hopefully they give him the credit or maybe they will remain ignorant. Please quit comparing him to Suh or whoever else that he isn't. I honestly believe he will be a gem and better then Suh and alot of others but you are talking different situations if he was another Suh. This guy will be involved in every snap somehow, there isn't a other position outside of possibly MLB that sees as many snaps. 

12 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Okay so what... He's not in this class.. He's already on the team and you don't have to give up a chance to get a defensive foundation piece to get him.. Like you have to do to get one of the OT in this draft... And all of it's still a gamble.. JMO.. I'd rather not give up on the assets already acquire after 4  game in a injury riddle rookie season...

You completed missed the point

The more I think about it and research our options, the more I like Jedrick Wills. I've never been especially high on Alabama OL coming into the NFL, but Wills is an exception and the more I learn and watch about him the more I see a potential stud LT in the NFL. He's got by FAR the best footwork of any OT in the draft and while he played RT in college he more than has the athleticism to play LT in the pros.

For me, my top-5 (realistic) players in order of preference for us at #7 are:

1. Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama
2. Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio State
3-T. Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn
3-T. Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
5. Isaiah Simmons, OLB, Clemson

6 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

You completed missed the point

No I got the point.. I don't give a fug how he would rank in this draft when in reality he is not in this draft... If Jason Peters was in this draft he would be undrafted again.. Still didn't stop him from being a All Pro LT... Its a stupid argument to make...

My problem with Little is that he never lived up to his prodigious billing in college. Then he was supposed to be drafted as an NFL prospect based on that prodigious talent level. Then he goes to the combine and tested very poorly athletically.

What were we drafting him on? Everything about him screamed below average NFL OT prospect, not trade up to draft this guy with the 5th pick of the 2nd round. He probably should've been a mid-round pick based on his play and measurables. Now we've traded for an injury prone over the hill LT and we're talking about kicking him inside to OG, but a select few people still think he's our future at LT. Wake up and look at the reality. Everything we're currently doing screams this organization has all but given up on that possibility.

Archived