• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Derrick Brown, right?

Jeremy Igo

Just now, theinstrumental said:

It also sucked because we never scored enough points to force the opponents to pass. I think that will change with a competent quarterback, and I especially think that would change if we drafted an offensive lineman or a receiver who could help us play games in the 30's and 40's, where the good teams play now.

Oh, we're going to acquire one of those? If you're expecting a QB who has never thrown for more than 14 TD passes in a season to all of a sudden lead a high flying, high scoring offense I think you're probably going to end up disappointed.

2 minutes ago, theinstrumental said:

Of course they're huge--I didn't say that they weren't. But we haven't had to make the choice between production in all facets vs. freeing up other guys with a top-ten draft pick before. CMC is a great runner and pass-receiver. Kuechly, great vs the run and the pass. If Okudah can lock down his guy without help then the defense can blitz more often, keep more players in the box to shut down the run. The receivers at the top of this class can move the chains and still open up the field for the run or for other receivers. They can get open fast enough to mitigate a pass rush, or spread out the field and make reads easier for a quarterback, and protection assignments easier for linemen to sniff out. The offensive linemen can win at the point of attack in the run game and still pass-protect well enough to allow for McCaffrey to come out of the backfield on pass routes or for the tight end to get downfield. You know all of this stuff. Any very good player sets off chain reactions on the football field, and there are lots of very good players in this draft. Brown is probably one of them. There's just a question of whether their strengths can be absolutely maximized or not, and Brown's strengths aren't in an offensive-oriented era that skews more towards spreading out the defense and throwing quickly. 

Dude you got to stop.. Being wrong is 1 thing.. Being wrong and writing novel only explaining how wrong you are is another... 

3 minutes ago, theinstrumental said:

It also sucked because we never scored enough points to force the opponents to pass. I think that will change with a competent quarterback, and I especially think that would change if we drafted an offensive lineman or a receiver who could help us play games in the 30's and 40's, where the good teams play now.

You can't force a team to score if you can't stop them from running the ball down your throat...

If they can control the clock they can control your offense...

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh, we're going to acquire one of those? If you're expecting a QB who has never thrown for more than 14 TD passes in a season to all of a sudden lead a high flying, high scoring offense I think you're probably going to end up disappointed.

Lol, fair. I said competent, not great, and at least Bridgewater's that. I don't think we're setting any scoring records this year, but it's going to be better than the Kyle Allen show.

6 minutes ago, theinstrumental said:

Lol, fair. I said competent, not great, and at least Bridgewater's that. I don't think we're setting any scoring records this year, but it's going to be better than the Kyle Allen show.

I think he's basically Kyle Allen minus the fumbling issue if I'm being honest.

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Alright Linville.. Let's not go to far..

Kyle Allen last season:

3322 passing yards. 62% completion rate. 17 TDs, 16 INTs. 6.8 yards per attempt.

Bridgewater's Pro Bowl season:

3231 passing yards. 65% completion rate. 14 TDs, 9 INTs. 6.9 yards per attempt.

Bridgewater takes better care of the football, other than that they're basically the same guy.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Kyle Allen last season:

3322 passing yards. 62% completion rate. 17 TDs, 16 INTs. 6.8 yards per attempt.

Bridgewater takes better care of the football, other than that they're basically the same guy.

Kyle Allen without the turnovers is a pretty competent quarterback. And if he doesn't miss wide open touchdowns like the end of the DC game? Pretty big difference.

2 minutes ago, theinstrumental said:

Kyle Allen without the turnovers is a pretty competent quarterback. And if he doesn't miss wide open touchdowns like the end of the DC game? Pretty big difference.

Allen without the turnovers might be able to get a very stout defense into playoff contention. Unfortunately, I think our D will likely be anything but stout. It wouldn't be surprising at all if it's even worse than last years. We could very realistically field an all-time terrible D this year. We lost our best defensive player and the best LB in the NFL. We lost our best pass rusher. We only have two DTs on the roster currently. We lost our best CB. We have a DC who has zero NFL experience. Folks, the D is almost certainly gonna be U-G-L-Y. I honestly don't know if Patrick Mahomes or 2015 Cam could drag them to the playoffs.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Allen without the turnovers might be able to get a very stout defense into playoff contention. Unfortunately, I think our D will likely be anything but stout. It wouldn't be surprising at all if it's even worse than last years. We could very realistically field an all-time terrible D this year. We lost our best defensive player and the best LB in the NFL. We lost our best pass rusher. We only have two DTs on the roster currently. We lost our best CB. We have a DC who has zero NFL experience. Folks, the D is almost certainly gonna be U-G-L-Y. I honestly don't know if Patrick Mahomes or 2015 Cam could drag them to the playoffs.

Agreed, it's going to be awful, and it's really beyond saving at this point. That's the price of all this dead cap that we're carrying. Someone's obviously made the decision to sacrifice this year and come out swinging next year with a ton of cap room. 

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Kyle Allen last season:

Situational context.. What were the difference in situation.. Let's not go by stats alone..

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Situational context.. What were the difference in situation.. Let's not go by stats alone..

Honestly, Bridgewater was in a much better situation. The Vikings had a much better overall team than we did.

The guy just hasn't proven to be very good so far in the NFL. It's hilarious how we think we got a bargain in Teddy. I think it's highly likely we were probably bidding against ourselves.

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Kyle Allen last season:

Yeah ok he had 9 tds and 2 ints in 5 games last year. You will be way off buddy and eating crow. He will end up with at least 25 passing tds

Archived