• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Derrick Brown, right?

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Star didn't test at the combine due to a heart issue they found in his medical... 

So what actual combine did you see Star test at???

Pardon me, it was his pro day where he put up 38 reps on the bench press and tested better than Brown: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000152283/article/star-lotulelei-helps-2013-nfl-draft-stock-at-pro-day

1 minute ago, theinstrumental said:

Pardon me, it was his pro day where he put up 38 reps on the bench press and tested better than Brown: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000152283/article/star-lotulelei-helps-2013-nfl-draft-stock-at-pro-day

That's not really the same so it's not really comparable... Pro days are always better because they are set up to be better then the combine...

4 minutes ago, theinstrumental said:

Right, right, 225 pounds is lighter in Utah due to the altitude, whatever

Nooooo.. Pro days are generally set up to help you win and look better then the Combine no matter where it is..

Again  Funch runs a 4.70 at the combine and 4.47 at his pro day.. In Michigan (no altitude) ..

3 hours ago, steven8989 said:

Yeah I'm starting to think your Marty Hurney. Good job on that Little pick last year that I told u would be trash. This is Rhules team it will not be ur ordinary draft wait and see.

Little had some mediocre starts and got injured, but okay. 

4 minutes ago, Verge said:

Just my opinion, but you build from front to back, Brown is the better prospect, and corner depth is a strength in this draft.

We don't need corner depth lol, we need a lockdown starter day 1. We have no one that can do that now, and Donte looks like he isn't even a starter. 

Just now, WOW!! said:

Nooooo.. Pro days are generally set up to help you win and look better then the Combine no matter where it is..

Again  Funch runs a 4.70 at the combine and 4.47 at his pro day.. In Michigan (no altitude) ..

No I get what you're saying, but there's at ten-rep difference between them on the bench press and you can't explain that away by saying it wasn't at the combine. Brown just didn't put up elite testing numbers. 

Look, we're going round and round on this like you think I said that Brown's not a good prospect. I don't think that--he has some great film and I think he's going to be good at what he does. But there were two reps in the Bama game that show what I'm talking about. In the first, Brown shows a nice spin move. In the second, great change of direction and rip. He gets to the quarterback both times. And both times, the ball comes out and Alabama scores a touchdown. Two really beautiful reps from Brown, two scores for the other team. This was the Iron Bowl. Alabama and Auburn. Multiple defensive first round picks on both teams. Final score: 48-45. This "passing stuff" isn't going away. It's how football works now, and you don't get a lot of cracks at top ten picks. A big gap-hogging defensive tackle's not worth one of them right now.

Rep 1: 

Rep 2: 

6 minutes ago, theinstrumental said:

No I get what you're saying, but there's at ten-rep difference between them on the bench press and you can't explain that away by saying it wasn't at the combine. Brown just didn't put up elite testing numbers. 

Look, we're going round and round on this like you think I said that Brown's not a good prospect. I don't think that--he has some great film and I think he's going to be good at what he does. But there were two reps in the Bama game that show what I'm talking about. In the first, Brown shows a nice spin move. In the second, great change of direction and rip. He gets to the quarterback both times. And both times, the ball comes out and Alabama scores a touchdown. Two really beautiful reps from Brown, two scores for the other team. This was the Iron Bowl. Alabama and Auburn. Multiple defensive first round picks on both teams. Final score: 48-45. This "passing stuff" isn't going away. It's how football works now, and you don't get a lot of cracks at top ten picks. A big gap-hogging defensive tackle's not worth one of them right now.

Rep 1: 

Rep 2: 

Brown splits a double team to apply as quick a pressure as he would have if there were no OL on the field. With a spin move people on here claim he doesn’t possess. And this is a knock against him? This is a sad reach for something not there. 

Archived