• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Derrick Brown, right?

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, Toomers said:

No. Your embarrassing yourself. And have been. Posting stats for any DT without context is useless. Even commented on it. I don’t need stats to see what’s happening.. 

There’s many people on here who have watched Brown. Find me someone who agrees with any of your google evaluations. Anyone. This was just comedy. I can’t possibly make this worse. 

You’re about a paragraph away from another new alt. This one is fading.......

You still haven't proven he should be drafted #7.  If he was this great why is Washington taking Young instead of Brown.  If he was this great why wouldn't NY take this Hog Molly...he is a Gettleman type player but instead are looking at a Clemson player who plays LB.  Just cause he is there and we need defense you take a chance on a 2.5 per game tackle player.  If he had 5 to 6 tackles a game I might see your point, but you just want a 2 down player to take up millions of dollars he is not worth. Cause if he can't rush the passer he will come out on 3rd downs.  So this is the #7 pick you want.  A 2 down player.  Now that is laughable.  

2 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I'm not saying it's donald are failure. I think brown is a wonderful player. If we drafted him i wouldnt be upset at all. What i'm saying is if your drafting hyper the expectations are higher. Your expected to justify your lofty draft position with exceptional tools and abilities. The MORE you can do. Cox is great, Buckner and jones. Those guys had holes in their game and so they got drafted lower. Thats not to say they aren great players, They just wern't thought to have to 10 talent, Brown does, But it's almost all skew toward being a run stuffer. To me if i'm drafting top ten I want a guy that can do more than take on doubles and win one on one I want a Generational talent and get a space eater later, there are more in the second 3rd round. there is on One simmons and he has no known NFL comparasion just like cam coming out. I want that kind of talent.

What part of last year did you watch. The lack of respect towards run defense lead to a team that had 50+ sucks and still were horrible. 

Brown got 3 pressures a game, while tossing around draft picks, getting doubled, focus of every plan. He about receive more one on one blocking than he’s seen in years. Do what if it improves. If you can assume he won’t, I assume he will. 

And who you getting at 38 or lower? To do what Brown can do,     We’ve discussed ITT. . If Brown and Kinlaw weren’t different, they wouldn’t be going top 10-15. 

8 hours ago, cmichd said:

You still haven't proven he should be drafted #7.  If he was this great why is Washington taking Young instead of Brown.  If he was this great why wouldn't NY take this Hog Molly...he is a Gettleman type player but instead are looking at a Clemson player who plays LB.  Just cause he is there and we need defense you take a chance on a 2.5 per game tackle player.  If he had 5 to 6 tackles a game I might see your point, but you just want a 2 down player to take up millions of dollars he is not worth. Cause if he can't rush the passer he will come out on 3rd downs.  So this is the #7 pick you want.  A 2 down player.  Now that is laughable.  

Again your spaz....I never tried to. I asked a question. You spent all day deflecting to some weird BS instead of answering. When you did. You didn’t even mention similar players. Then you went on a stat hunt for a player that most of the board has seen plenty of. 

Who said any other players weren’t great. And I’d much rather they were the pick. And you’re still using tackle numbers to compare a LB to a DT.  Well done.........is one of your other alts at least familiar with football? 

3 hours ago, Verge said:

Yep, I have had him penciled in for a while, makes too much sense. Unless we prefer Kinlaw. You don't take Okudah over Brown.

Yeah I'm starting to think your Marty Hurney. Good job on that Little pick last year that I told u would be trash. This is Rhules team it will not be ur ordinary draft wait and see.

8 hours ago, cmichd said:

You really have to watch the film and not just read stats for several positions. That’s like saying Okudah didn’t have many interceptions this year, so he shouldn’t be the top CB. No, teams just avoided him because they knew how good his was. 
Brown had 6 tackles (1 for a loss) and a PD against UGA while getting double teamed by arguably the best offensive line in college. He was able to get steady pressure on Fromm, who is a smart QB and would throw the ball away. Fromm was under 50% that game. Auburn’s offense lost that game. They were shut out until the 4th and still had a chance to tie it (thanks to the defense, anchored by Brown, getting critical stops). He shows up every game, you just want always be able to tell by the stats because he is a DT who offenses game planned around.

Real Question. What are the differences between Brown and Star when he was coming out? Star was thought to be one of the top picks but dropped due to a heart condition that turned out to be nothing. 

But when Star played he was a darn good player but not the player we were all hoping for. 

Would Brown turn into Star or is there a different path? 

1 minute ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Real Question. What are the differences between Brown and Star when he was coming out? Star was thought to be one of the top picks but dropped due to a heart condition that turned out to be nothing. 

But when Star played he was a darn good player but not the player we were all hoping for. 

Brown bigger plays better competition and lines up everywhere.. Starr was just a 0 tech NT..

39 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Their production was about the same in college. Star tested better at the combine. Derrick Brown's a couple years younger than Star was. I see Brown listed at an inch taller and six pounds heavier...they're similar as prospects. Star was good, though. I think we'd remember him better if KK hadn't been the breakout DT from that class. 

20 minutes ago, theinstrumental said:

Their production was about the same in college. Star tested better at the combine. Derrick Brown's a couple years younger than Star was. I see Brown listed at an inch taller and six pounds heavier...they're similar as prospects. Star was good, though. I think we'd remember him better if KK hadn't been the breakout DT from that class. 

Star didn't test at the combine due to a heart issue they found in his medical... 

So what actual combine did you see Star test at???

Archived