• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Derrick Brown, right?

Jeremy Igo

Just now, micnificent28 said:

I didn't go back to 2001 to get his combine weigh in but the results were the same. Nothing fairytale about that toomie.

Except the FACT you represented Jenkins numbers at 360 when the truth was nowhere close. Are we pretending only one of us, just made up some Disney poo to try and make a point. 45 lbs. is a big deal. 

6 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Except the FACT you represented Jenkins numbers at 360 when the truth was nowhere close. Are we pretending only one of us, just made up some Disney poo to try and make a point. 45 lbs. is a big deal. 

I was absolutely wrong about his play weight and  what he showed up to the combine as. A quick Google search showed him at 360, where as his combine from 2001 was a little harder to find. That said his numbers were still factual. He was a better athlete than brown and even with those numbers a second round pick. 

Defensive tackles that are one dimensional rarely go this high because they aren't as big a factor in the passing game. He isn't the athlete Williams was last year he's not gonna give you an arron donald impact. He's a stud in the run game and will collapse the pocket. Anything else is a bonus.

1 hour ago, Toomers said:

I included Kinlaw with Brown. In original question. Not that hard to read it. Instead you focus on something I don’t care about. This team. So save it. Again. 

The only one who can play DT is Gallimore.and he’s still a different type player. More one-gap penetrator. Elliot is a 3 tech. Lynch is not even in the ballpark. And Davis took over Greg Little’s most overrated SEC player status. :)

Now, wasn’t that easier that your deflection through time that took all day?

:) :) :) :)...you're as funny as WOW.  You still haven't proved to me why Brown is the best.  You just keep blowing smoke we should take him.   Tell me how well Auburn did against Georgia this pass year.  I think if you look at the Stats you will find out Mr Brown had only 3 tackles. 0 sacks, and no INT's that game.  So how again is he worth a #7 picking.  Against Bama this year...5 tackles and 2 assist, 0 sacks, and 0 INT's.  At least he did some what better.  Do I have to find some nobody school to really see how well he does.  So please tell me how good he is against top 10 schools  I think I should put down all the tackles he had last year per game.  Georgia Southern 1 tackle and 5 assists 0 sacks,  Clemson 3 tackles, 0 assist, and 1 sack, Mercer 3 tackles 0 assist, and 0 sacks, Oregon 2 tackles, 1 assist, 0 sacks, Tulane 3 tackles, 1 assist, and 0 sacks,  Kent State 0 tackles, 0 assist, and 0 sacks (must have had been held out or dinged up)Texas A&M 3 tackles, 1 assist, and 2 sacks (he got up for this game), Mississippi State he only had 1 tackle and 1 assist.  Florida 3 tackles. 2 assist, and 1 sack,  Arkansas 3 tackles, 2 assist and 0 sacks, LSU 2 tackles, 5 assist, 1 sack, Ole Miss 5 tackles and 2 assist (man he decided to play this game), already mention Georgia game, Samford (not mention in the stats, must have been given a day off.) Bama already mention, Minnesota 3 tackles, 2 assist, 0 sacks.  What we do know he is a 3 tackle machine a game.  So we are going to pay him #1 pay for 2.5 tackles a game and 7 sacks a year.  We aren't coming out the winners on this deal.

1 hour ago, AU-panther said:

Would I consider guys like Simmons and Okuda before him? yes  I might even consider one of the OTs first.

Fair.

But, of course, the person I was responding to was insisting that Brown could ONLY play the 0-tech and could NOT rush the passer.

Now respond to that, Mr. Responder.  Do you agree with him?

54 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Im sure youve explained this before but why dont you want this guy? Since you're a hardcore auburn fan you're making me scurred about drafting Brown

Because I don't want a great, talented player like Derrick Brown to be bound by contract to a diseased owner like Tepper.

42 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

He doesn't have any pass rush moves. He a straight up bullrusher and everyone knows it. I'm not saying you can't get a sack that way but you wouldn't count on it being a part of his game. It's a bonus.

So you didn't watch the tape.

OK.

At least you admit it.

43 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I was absolutely wrong about his play weight and  what he showed up to the combine as. A quick Google search showed him at 360, where as his combine from 2001 was a little harder to find. That said his numbers were still factual. He was a better athlete than brown and even with those numbers a second round pick. 

Defensive tackles that are one dimensional rarely go this high because they aren't as big a factor in the passing game. He isn't the athlete Williams was last year he's not gonna give you an arron donald impact. He's a stud in the run game and will collapse the pocket. Anything else is a bonus.

People comparing Derrick Brown to Aaron Donald is hilarious. They will never be asked to do the same things. Is Donald shutting down running games? It’s like comparing Luke to TJ Watt because they are both LBs. 

25 minutes ago, cmichd said:

:) :) :) :)...you're as funny as WOW.  You still haven't proved to me why Brown is the best.  You just keep blowing smoke we should take him.   Tell me how well Auburn did against Georgia this pass year.  I think if you look at the Stats you will find out Mr Brown had only 3 tackles. 0 sacks, and no INT's that game.  So how again is he worth a #7 picking.  Against Bama this year...5 tackles and 2 assist, 0 sacks, and 0 INT's.  At least he did some what better.  Do I have to find some nobody school to really see how well he does.  So please tell me how good he is against top 10 schools  I think I should put down all the tackles he had last year per game.  Georgia Southern 1 tackle and 5 assists 0 sacks,  Clemson 3 tackles, 0 assist, and 1 sack, Mercer 3 tackles 0 assist, and 0 sacks, Oregon 2 tackles, 1 assist, 0 sacks, Tulane 3 tackles, 1 assist, and 0 sacks,  Kent State 0 tackles, 0 assist, and 0 sacks (must have had been held out or dinged up)Texas A&M 3 tackles, 1 assist, and 2 sacks (he got up for this game), Mississippi State he only had 1 tackle and 1 assist.  Florida 3 tackles. 2 assist, and 1 sack,  Arkansas 3 tackles, 2 assist and 0 sacks, LSU 2 tackles, 5 assist, 1 sack, Ole Miss 5 tackles and 2 assist (man he decided to play this game), already mention Georgia game, Samford (not mention in the stats, must have been given a day off.) Bama already mention, Minnesota 3 tackles, 2 assist, 0 sacks.  What we do know he is a 3 tackle machine a game.  So we are going to pay him #1 pay for 2.5 tackles a game and 7 sacks a year.  We aren't coming out the winners on this deal.

Speaking of not watching anything resembling tape and just googling. How sad are you? This place has multiple different games where Brown is dominated very good OL. While being the focus of every OC he played against. 

It would have been quicker if you just said you had no clue except how to do a search. All day for this....lol

5 minutes ago, Toomers said:

People comparing Derrick Brown to Aaron Donald is hilarious. They will never be asked to do the same things. Is Donald shutting down running games? It’s like comparing Luke to TJ Watt because they are both LBs. 

Donald can do both. That's the difference.. the comparsion isnt that they are anything alike, it's what they CAN do.

29 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

So you didn't watch the tape.

OK.

At least you admit it.

I have watched enough to know the guy isn't a 3rd down pass rusher... I mean come on you need to stop thinking you know something the rest of the world doesn't. he isnt labeled as or being looked at as a plus 1 pass rusher. he can collapse the pocket similar to star and other nose tackles but saying oh watch the tape like you seeing spin and counter moves is a joke. stop it. 13 sacks  in 4 years..

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Speaking of not watching anything resembling tape and just googling. How sad are you? This place has multiple different games where Brown is dominated very good OL. While being the focus of every OC he played against. 

It would have been quicker if you just said you had no clue except how to do a search. All day for this....lol

Maybe you're just embarrassed that I showed he is not the player you think he is.  Or maybe he only plays when he feels like it.  Seem like he hardly played any with just a 2.5 tackle per game average and you say I am blowing smoke.  Did he even get his uniform dirty.  I bet the only time he saw the field was sitting on the sideline.  Maybe he was afraid he would get hurt so the coach only put him in when the camera was rolling so he might have some film for the NFL to look at.  He looked like crap in that Georgia came.  Barely even saw #5 on the plays.  Maybe you need to watch the films of this past year.  Hell playing Clemson an ACC team should have gotten him already to show what he could do, and to manage only 3 tackles and 1 sack.....any above average tackle could have done better. SMH

19 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Donald can do both. That's the difference.. the comparsion isnt that they are anything alike, it's what they CAN do.

So it’s Aaron Donald or failure. Is that the standard? Because comparing what they are asked to do isn’t comparing them. What if he’s Fletcher Cox. Buckner? Chris Jones? Is that not worth it? You disregard actual play for what he can’t do....maybe. 

What’s the other plan besides Brown or Kinlaw . Who stuffing the run? More pass rushing DTs like last year. But they got sacks right? For the worst DEF in the league(or close) 

21 minutes ago, cmichd said:

Maybe you're just embarrassed that I showed he is not the player you think he is.  Or maybe he only plays when he feels like it.  Seem like he hardly played any with just a 2.5 tackle per game average and you say I am blowing smoke.  Did he even get his uniform dirty.  I bet the only time he saw the field was sitting on the sideline.  Maybe he was afraid he would get hurt so the coach only put him in when the camera was rolling so he might have some film for the NFL to look at.  He looked like crap in that Georgia came.  Barely even saw #5 on the plays.  Maybe you need to watch the films of this past year.  Hell playing Clemson an ACC team should have gotten him already to show what he could do, and to manage only 3 tackles and 1 sack.....any above average tackle could have done better. SMH

No. Your embarrassing yourself. And have been. Posting stats for any DT without context is useless. Even commented on it. I don’t need stats to see what’s happening.. 

There’s many people on here who have watched Brown. Find me someone who agrees with any of your google evaluations. Anyone. This was just comedy. I can’t possibly make this worse. 

You’re about a paragraph away from another new alt. This one is fading.......

12 minutes ago, Toomers said:

So it’s Aaron Donald or failure. Is that the standard? Because comparing what they are asked to do isn’t comparing them. What if he’s Fletcher Cox. Buckner? Chris Jones? Is that not worth it? You disregard actual play for what he can’t do....maybe. 

What’s the other plan besides Brown or Kinlaw . Who stuffing the run? More pass rushing DTs like last year. But they got sacks right? For the worst DEF in the league(or close) 

I'm not saying it's donald are failure. I think brown is a wonderful player. If we drafted him i wouldn't be upset at all. What i'm saying is if your drafting hyper the expectations are higher. Your expected to justify your lofty draft position with exceptional tools and abilities. The MORE you can do. Cox is great, Buckner and jones. Those guys had holes in their game and so they got drafted lower. Thats not to say they are not great players, They just weren't thought to have to 10 talent, Brown does, But it's almost all skew toward being a run stuffer. To me if i'm drafting top ten I want a guy that can do more than take on doubles and win one on one I want a Generational talent and get a space eater later, there are more in the second 3rd round. there is only One simmons and he has no known NFL comparison just like cam coming out. I want that kind of talent.

Archived