• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Derrick Brown, right?

Jeremy Igo

28 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:
Derrick Brown

DERRICK BROWN

AUBURN
DT

Prospect Info

COLLEGE
Auburn
HOMETOWN
CLASS
Sugar Hill, GA
Senior

HEIGHT
WEIGHT
ARMS
6' 5"
326 lbs
34 1/4”
HANDS
9”

Prospect Grade

HOW WE GRADE
i

VIEW ALL PROSPECTS

Combine Results
u-unofficial

40 Yard Dash
5.16u
SECONDS

Bench Press
REPS

Vertical Jump
INCHES

Broad Jump
INCHES

3 Cone Drill
SECONDS

20 Yd Shuttle
SECONDS

#4th overall By Lance Zierlein

#4 overall by Daniel Jeremiah 

#2 overall by Tony Pauline 

28 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

He was a better athlete than brown as a second round pick his split was much better... I mean you are one of those numbers dont matter just draft a guy based off college production guys. You dont draft questionable athletes before superior ones if they have similar grades. that the deciding factor. Brown is fine but he isnt a pass rusher. jenkins was also 360 to browns 326 and still ran faster than him. He was a superior athlete. a freak.

Jenkins weighed 10 pounds less than Brown when he tested at the combine. 45 lbs. less than the fairy tale you posted.  But don’t let facts get in the way. 

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Jenkins weighed 10 pounds less than Brown when he tested at the combine. 45 lbs. less than the fairy tale you posted.  But don’t let facts get in the way. 

IMO, the primary reason Jenkins' career was derailed by knee injuries is because he let himself get massively out of shape every off-season. I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up to camp 400+ pounds. Dude would show up straight up FAT and try to work himself into shape. Like Gilbert Brown level fat. That's hard on the knees.

This Kris Jenkins was probably the best DT in the NFL at the time:

defensive-tackle-kris-jenkins-of-the-car

This Kris Jenkins had chronic knee issues

CImXBA5OeeTFIcAbGCAPqkjw18RBdjuwQV8PDA79

So for those that want Brown, what is his current comp in the league?  Everyone wants to talk like he dominates college like Donald and Suh, but they had better measurables.

What about Michael Brockers?  Similar combine.  Great against the run at the pro level.  Very good player.

Would you be happy with Micheal Brockers as the 7th pick?

What's more likely?  Brown to give you Donald production or Simmons to give you James production? 

1 hour ago, CamIsGone888 said:

Every year people act like trading down is as simple as a finger snap, with how strong this draft is I wouldn't mind it but we will see.

This time I think we're in a good spot to receive some offers. 

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

IMO, the primary reason Jenkins' career was derailed by knee injuries is because he let himself get massively out of shape every off-season. I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up to camp 400+ pounds. Dude would show up straight up FAT and try to work himself into shape. Like Gilbert Brown level fat. That's hard on the knees.

This Kris Jenkins was probably the best DT in the NFL at the time:

defensive-tackle-kris-jenkins-of-the-car

This Kris Jenkins had chronic knee issues

CImXBA5OeeTFIcAbGCAPqkjw18RBdjuwQV8PDA79

Jenkins was so good in that Dallas playoffs game I was going crazy. When he was healthy he was the best DT we've ever had. Then he got fat and blew out his knee running after the QB. I would take a healthy Jenkins over Brown any day. I would think teams would want Brown for their 3-4 NT.

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

I would want more than just a nose.

Auburn had one of the best defenses in the country last year and it was all because of the defensive line.  Additionally, Derrick Brown played all across the line at any point in time, from 0-to-5 tech as needed.

you have to have the ability to rush the passer as well. we arent sure brown can do that

All the above statement proves, along with your previous statement above, is you've never watched a single game in which Derrick Brown has played.  And you certainly haven't availed yourself of the videos provided in this very thread.  You might want to try'em.  If you come back from his tape and still claim either of your statements above, then you're either horrible at football or you have an agenda.

15 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

So for those that want Brown, what is his current comp in the league?  Everyone wants to talk like he dominates college like Donald and Suh, but they had better measurables.

What about Michael Brockers?  Similar combine.  Great against the run at the pro level.  Very good player.

What's more likely?  Brown to give you Donald production or Simmons to give you James production? 

Chris Jones

2 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Jenkins was so good in that Dallas playoffs game I was going crazy. When he was healthy he was the best DT we've ever had. Then he got fat and blew out his knee running after the QB. I would take a healthy Jenkins over Brown any day. I would think teams would want Brown for their 3-4 NT.

Based on what I saw Jenkins do at the NFL level, yeah I'd take a healthy prime Kris Jenkins over any DT in any draft. That's not a knock on Brown or any other DT in the draft, it's just I'll take a proven mulitple year All-Pro over virtually any prospect.

1 hour ago, Toomers said:

WTF is this? Please find where I said to pick Brown ver anyone be. I asked YOU a specific question that you avoided like the. Plague, for the FOURTH time. So save all that because I hope with all my heart Brown is never a Panther. 

Let’s see. I’m 50 this year. Have actually watched numerous Fran Tarkenton games. Don’t know his relevance, but nothing you say is.  And I’ve been a Steeler fan since birth(in Pittsburgh). 

So anytime you want to actually back up the statement you made, please do. Or try harder. Who are you getting later as good as Brown. Still waiting....

Kinlaw is just as good as Brown...but I don't want him either...I want a good LT and Center this year.  Too make up for the mistake we made last year by drafting Little and signing Paradis.  Marty royaly screwed up by drafting Little, giving up a 3nd round pick, to get him, and then having to wait 67 picks to get Grier.  

Neville Gallimore from OU.

Jordan Elliott from Missouri

James Lynch from Baylor whom you could move along the line

Raekwon Davis from Bama

There are just as good DT's after Brown or KinLaw whom can do the same thing we will be asking of him and that is just 4 whom we could draft.  Who will be the next Brown coming out of college next year.  A SuperStar DT is an luxray not a need.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/story/2020-04-07/2020-nfl-draft-top-defensive-tackles

36 minutes ago, cmichd said:

Kinlaw is just as good as Brown...but I don't want him either...I want a good LT and Center this year.  Too make up for the mistake we made last year by drafting Little and signing Paradis.  Marty royaly screwed up by drafting Little, giving up a 3nd round pick, to get him, and then having to wait 67 picks to get Grier.  

Neville Gallimore from OU.

Jordan Elliott from Missouri

James Lynch from Baylor whom you could move along the line

Raekwon Davis from Bama

There are just as good DT's after Brown or KinLaw whom can do the same thing we will be asking of him and that is just 4 whom we could draft.  Who will be the next Brown coming out of college next year.  A SuperStar DT is an luxray not a need.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/story/2020-04-07/2020-nfl-draft-top-defensive-tackles

None of them are as good as Brown.. Stop it..

1 hour ago, AU-panther said:

Bucky Brooks says Reggie White..

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/derrick-brown?id=32194252-4f39-3541-fadb-33b669a1b580

Your comparisons Or Bucky Brooks comparison??

Hmmmmmmm .. What a conundrum..

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Bucky Brooks says Reggie White..

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/derrick-brown?id=32194252-4f39-3541-fadb-33b669a1b580

Your comparisons Or Bucky Brooks comparison??

Hmmmmmmm .. What a conundrum..

Damn. I wouldn't go THAT far. I mean, I really like him. I'd love to draft him. But comparisons to all-time greats are almost always setting people up for disappointment.

Archived