• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Derrick Brown, right?

Jeremy Igo

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I know there hasn't been much talk about Brown to the Giants, but everything I know about Dave Gettleman screams Derrick Brown to me. You can't tell me that guy isn't watching that hog mollie's film like

tenor.gif

Would not be surprised if he takes Derrick Brown and then un-franchise tags (a la Josh Norman) Leonard Williams, freeing up $15 million in cap space. 

17 minutes ago, CamIsGone888 said:

I would be okay with Brown its time to come back roaring.

Wow, gonna make some quick friends with that handle.  Yikes!  I could care less personally, but be prepared for a handful of people throwing heat your way.

13 minutes ago, Toomers said:

So now we’re back to the SB idiocy. 

Pick any postion. I can give multiple examples of great players who didn’t win a SB. Are we crossing off WR because.......Smitty.  How about Luke.....no more LBs. 

How come all the other players were part of the 18th ranked DEF the year before? Was it magic? Who were all these stars? Did they all just sign that year?

What does Dallas have to do with anything in this. They have sniffed a SN in a QTR century. Or are we putting the “SB” thing on pause to make a separate, and equally ridiculous post? 

You're being silly.....You forgot Fran Tarkenton one of the best QB's in the game.  Maybe you aren't that old to know someone who played back in the 60's.  No my point and the one you and WOW overlooked is we need a strong OLine.  Then we can developed those like the Daley and Little's to fill in when our line gets an injury, and to replace those whose contracts end and they leave.  Remember the Steelers would plug in linemen and not lose a beat.  I guess to you and WOW 102 QB hits and 58 sacks is acceptable.  I am tired of getting other teams FA's and or worn out OLinemen.  

"Numbers never lie, and based on the statistics, this offensive line endured a lot of hardship this past season. The first stat to take note of is sacks allowed. The Panthers allowed a total of 58 sacks in 2019. That is an average of a little over 3.5 sacks per game. In addition to this, the team allowed a total of a staggering 102 hits on the quarterback. If the Panthers want to experience a record better than 5-11 this year, addressing this should be one of the first steps to the alleged rebuild that is happening in Charlotte.

Cam Newton's injury had a lot to do with the fact that he wasn't protected like he should have been. Backup quarterback Kyle Allen also experienced injuries throughout the season due to all the hits he took, which makes it seemingly clear that poor pass protection had a lot to do with the lack of points left on the field. "

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/carolina-panthers-2019-position-review-offensive-line

"

2 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Nooooo.  that would be tyler Lockett.. But keep going with this...lol

RECEIVING
GP
REC
YDS
AVG
YDS/G
YAC
TD
LNG
100+
TGT
DROP
PCT
16 82 1057 12.9 66.1 308 8 44 0 110 2 74.5%
2 Metcalf, DK WR
16 58 900 15.5 56.3 273 7 54 0 100 7 58.0%

true  but not by much 

Just now, micnificent28 said:

he was a second round pick as well lol stop it indeed.

Like I said earlier, draft status ceases to matter once you're in the league. All that matters after that is impact and production. There's steals and busts in every draft class.

If you don't think Kris Jenkins had burst, you either have a faulty memory or you weren't a fan back then.

2 hours ago, cmichd said:

I never saw many DT's chase down a RB who broke the line of scrimmage.  That beef doesn't translate to long yardage speed. 

burst split and so on. To be a top 10 defensive tackle personally... I would want more than just a nose. you have to have the ability to rush the passer as well. we arent sure brown can do that

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Like I said earlier, draft status ceases to matter once you're in the league. All that matters after that is impact and production. There's steals and busts in every draft class.

If you don't think Kris Jenkins had burst, you either have a faulty memory or you weren't a fan back then.

Kris Jenkins NFL Combine Stats

Defensive Tackle [] Maryland [] Big Ten Conference [] Division I-FBS

football-player3.gif

Player Info

First Name: Kris
Last Name: Jenkins
Nickname:  
Position: Defensive Tackle
College: Maryland
Draft Class: 2001
Draft Age: 21.8

Player Dimensions

Height: 76.9 inches
Weight: 318 pounds
BMI: 38.72
Arm Length: 34.00 inches
Hand Size: 9.50 inches
Front Shoulder: 14.5 inches
Back Shoulder: 19.5 inches

NFL Combine Measurables

40 Yard Dash: 5.18 seconds
40 Yard (MPH): 15.79 (MPH)
20 Yard Split: 2.98 seconds
10 Yard Split: 1.80 seconds
Bench Press: 33 reps (225 lb)
Wonderlic: (N/A) (0-50)
QB Ball Velocity: (N/A) (MPH)
Vertical Leap: 31.0 inches
Broad Jump: 108 inches
20 Yd Shuttle: 4.40 seconds
Three Cone: 7.85 second

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He was a better athlete than brown as a second round pick his split was much better... I mean you are one of those numbers dont matter just draft a guy based off college production guys. You dont draft questionable athletes before superior ones if they have similar grades. that the deciding factor. Brown is fine but he isnt a pass rusher. jenkins was also 360 to browns 326 and still ran faster than him. He was a superior athlete. a freak.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Derrick Brown

DERRICK BROWN

AUBURN
DT

Prospect Info

COLLEGE
Auburn
HOMETOWN
CLASS
Sugar Hill, GA
Senior

HEIGHT
WEIGHT
ARMS
6' 5"
326 lbs
34 1/4”
HANDS
9”

Prospect Grade

HOW WE GRADE
i

VIEW ALL PROSPECTS

Combine Results
u-unofficial

40 Yard Dash
5.16u
SECONDS

Bench Press
REPS

Vertical Jump
INCHES

Broad Jump
INCHES

3 Cone Drill
SECONDS

20 Yd Shuttle
SECONDS

29 minutes ago, cmichd said:

You're being silly.....You forgot Fran Tarkenton one of the best QB's in the game.  Maybe you aren't that old to know someone who played back in the 60's.  No my point and the one you and WOW overlooked is we need a strong OLine.  Then we can developed those like the Daley and Little's to fill in when our line gets an injury, and to replace those whose contracts end and they leave.  Remember the Steelers would plug in linemen and not lose a beat.  I guess to you and WOW 102 QB hits and 58 sacks is acceptable.  I am tired of getting other teams FA's and or worn out OLinemen.  

"Numbers never lie, and based on the statistics, this offensive line endured a lot of hardship this past season. The first stat to take note of is sacks allowed. The Panthers allowed a total of 58 sacks in 2019. That is an average of a little over 3.5 sacks per game. In addition to this, the team allowed a total of a staggering 102 hits on the quarterback. If the Panthers want to experience a record better than 5-11 this year, addressing this should be one of the first steps to the alleged rebuild that is happening in Charlotte.

Cam Newton's injury had a lot to do with the fact that he wasn't protected like he should have been. Backup quarterback Kyle Allen also experienced injuries throughout the season due to all the hits he took, which makes it seemingly clear that poor pass protection had a lot to do with the lack of points left on the field. "

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/carolina-panthers-2019-position-review-offensive-line

"

WTF is this? Please find where I said to pick Brown ver anyone be. I asked YOU a specific question that you avoided like the. Plague, for the FOURTH time. So save all that because I hope with all my heart Brown is never a Panther. 

Let’s see. I’m 50 this year. Have actually watched numerous Fran Tarkenton games. Don’t know his relevance, but nothing you say is.  And I’ve been a Steeler fan since birth(in Pittsburgh). 

So anytime you want to actually back up the statement you made, please do. Or try harder. Who are you getting later as good as Brown. Still waiting....

14 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

He was a better athlete than brown as a second round pick his split was much better... I mean you are one of those numbers dont matter just draft a guy based off college production guys. You dont draft questionable athletes before superior ones if they have similar grades. that the deciding factor. Brown is fine but he isnt a pass rusher. jenkins was also 360 to browns 326 and still ran faster than him. He was a superior athlete. a freak.

At first he didn't have burst and offered nothing in the pass rush. Now he's a freak.

LOL!

You're all over the place, man

Archived