• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Derrick Brown, right?

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

well you see how well he ended up playing and he had injury concerns. He ended up being the Seahawks number one wr. All players are a game but I gamble on athletic upside if I have to over just pure stats.

Nooooo.  that would be tyler Lockett.. But keep going with this...lol

7 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Thats a nose tackle all of his times burst were slow. I illustrated his 40 to show a lack of speed in general he doesn't have a burst man. Stop it.

I never saw many DT's chase down a RB who broke the line of scrimmage.  That beef doesn't translate to long yardage speed. 

2 minutes ago, cmichd said:

Tell me when a DT led their team to a SB victory....Neither has a LT...but why are LT's consider more valuable than a DT.  DT's are a dime a dozen.  The next great one is coming out next year but you don't have the chance to get a get good to great LT for 10 years either every draft.  KK is prime example and Star wasn't given an extension and let walk.

What?? I'm tired of you ppl lying like this... Every other year is a big OT draft... Last year was supposed to be a good OT draft.. 2016 had 4 OT picked in the top 15... Stop following the narrative 5 years ago that OT are hard to find..

1 minute ago, cmichd said:

Tell me when a DT led their team to a SB victory....Neither has a LT...but why are LT's consider more valuable than a DT.  DT's are a dime a dozen.  The next great one is coming out next year but you don't have the chance to get a get good to great LT for 10 years either every draft.  KK is prime example and Star wasn't given an extension and let walk.

Chris Jones. This year. He was as responsible as any player on that DEF for their victory. 

When a LT is making 20+M/year, let me know. Because a couple DTs are. 

Just more avoidance and deflection from your ridiculous statement. Who are you getting later just like Brown. 

You draft Star and Kk and the DEF improves to 2nd in the NFL that year. Or you can wait and pick up Fua and McClain a round or two later. How did that go again? 

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Have you read anything I've typed or are you so stuck inside your own head that you can't make sense of it? Seriously, go back and read.

Yes, you literally said Shaq was riding the pine. That means he wasn’t playing and that wasn’t true. You said Shaq wasn’t a good example because he was pick 25 and yet your whole argument that Gettleman is going to pick Brown is Butler who was pick 30.

You have still yet to give an actual response to a good reason why Brown makes any sense for the Giants outside of him taking Butler. You ignored my comments that CB, OT and LB are a much bigger need and Gettleman has drafted plenty of those as well.

You say that I’m not reading your posts yet I’ve countered the arguments and the best you can come up with is a post like this. Not worth discussing when you don’t have anything real to say except duh, he took Butler.

4 hours ago, thefuzz said:

You don't draft a player thinking of next season only, especially in the top 10.

We need the very best player on our board who isn't a RB...and to a lesser extent WR.  Other than that, we have holes all over this roster.  If Brown is the very best player available, I'm cool with it, but positional value has to come into play when drafting at 7.

Brown fits both and for multiple seasons.

6 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yes, you literally said Shaq was riding the pine. That means he wasn’t playing and that wasn’t true. You said Shaq wasn’t a good example because he was pick 25 and yet your whole argument that Gettleman is going to pick Brown is Butler who was pick 30.

You have still yet to give an actual response to a good reason why Brown makes any sense for the Giants outside of him taking Butler. You ignored my comments that CB, OT and LB are a much bigger need and Gettleman has drafted plenty of those as well.

You say that I’m not reading your posts yet I’ve countered the arguments and the best you can come up with is a post like this. Not worth discussing when you don’t have anything real to say except duh, he took Butler.

You're still making the argument about Gettleman drafting for need, so you either haven't read or you haven't comprehended.

Just cause I don't agree Brown is the pick for us and I can't voice my opinion...Why are you jumping up and down he is the only pick.....I can't help you want a LT that doesn't play with a nasty streak and who doesn't have desire to play to his size and skills.    

15 minutes ago, cmichd said:

Just cause I don't agree Brown is the pick for us and I can't voice my opinion...Why are you jumping up and down he is the only pick.....I can't help you want a LT that doesn't play with a nasty streak and who doesn't have desire to play to his size and skills.    

Did you make the statement “we can pick up players like him later”? Have you even attempted to name one. Which is all that was asked. Then you doubled down by acting like DTs aren’t important. But Suh tho. That was a special kind of deflection. 

You asked for an example and it was the first thing I responded with. No matter how silly the question was. If you can’t say anything to back up you BS opinion, keep it to yourself or get thicker skin

1 hour ago, Toomers said:

Chris Jones. This year. He was as responsible as any player on that DEF for their victory. 

When a LT is making 20+M/year, let me know. Because a couple DTs are. 

Just more avoidance and deflection from your ridiculous statement. Who are you getting later just like Brown. 

You draft Star and Kk and the DEF improves to 2nd in the NFL that year. Or you can wait and pick up Fua and McClain a round or two later. How did that go again? 

Did Star and KK win the Super Bowl and they weren't the stars on defense that year.   I agreed the defense was one of the best and Star and KK did their job of allowing the LB's to run free as they did, you must remember that Star and KK were backed up by non stars too on that line.  I do look at what Dallas did when they made the choice to improve their OLine and where it got them.  I am not a Cowgirl fan either.   

With this coaching staff I think we might trade down, or pick Brown. Even if they don't pick Brown, I think they're going heavy on defensive linemen. Multiple early picks if the value is there, and that should thrill the Huddle.

I want to follow a different blueprint for building this team altogether. I want to build an offensive powerhouse so we don't get steamrolled when teams air it out in the second half. But as a Panthers fan I accept whatever team steps out onto the field. Dink and Dunk with good defense? So be it. I'll be pulling for Brown and the Panthers as much as humanly possible.

1 minute ago, cmichd said:

Did Star and KK win the Super Bowl and they weren't the stars on defense that year.   I agreed the defense was one of the best and Star and KK did their job of allowing the LB's to run free as they did, you must remember that Star and KK were backed up by non stars too on that line.  I do look at what Dallas did when they made the choice to improve their OLine and where it got them.  I am not a Cowgirl fan either.   

So now we’re back to the SB idiocy. 

Pick any postion. I can give multiple examples of great players who didn’t win a SB. Are we crossing off WR because.......Smitty.  How about Luke.....no more LBs. 

How come all the other players were part of the 18th ranked DEF the year before? Was it magic? Who were all these stars? Did they all just sign that year?

What does Dallas have to do with anything in this. They have sniffed a SN in a QTR century. Or are we putting the “SB” thing on pause to make a separate, and equally ridiculous post? 

Archived