• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Derrick Brown, right?

Jeremy Igo

Regarding Okudah: All it takes is for him to not go to Detroit.  I don't see the other 5 teams drafting him. 

1-Patricia's job is on the line and he needs to do more than just backfill Darius Slay (as good as Okudah is)

2-Gettleman's career and reputation is on the line and needs to protect Jones' at all costs. 

I think Okudah being available at 7 is entirely possible, moreso than Simmons. 

I'm about 65% sure we're staying put and getting Brown but Okudah is around 25%.  The remaining is a move or something unexpected. 

1 minute ago, theinstrumental said:

I'd love an offensive tackle. Okung's only here for a year. if they put the new guy inside and then slide him outside next year when Moton replaces Okung we'd have a great multi-year foundation for the offensive line. When's the last time we could say that?

Me too. We have a ton of needs, but OT should at least be on the list of possibilities. Okung is on the wrong side of 30, he's coming off of an injury plagued season, and he's on the last year of his contract. Moton is young, but he's also on the last year of his contract and we haven't heard so much as a whisper of a potential extension. Seems to me that the new staff isn't completely sold on him or they'd at least be trying to work out an extension. Lots of talk that Little and/or Daley may be sliding inside to OG. It's very possible that we don't have a single long-term solution at OT currently on the roster.

3 minutes ago, theinstrumental said:

Tampa Bay had the best rush defense by DVOA last year. Then the Jets. Then Pittsburgh. Then Philly. Baltimore had the 4-best pass D and the 20th-ranked rush D. KC, 6th in passing, 29th in rushing. The teams with the worst pass defenses last year were the worst teams in the league. 

Regardless of what I think, you can see what the Panthers think. There's not a more clear indication of their priorities than the Turner/Okung trade. They traded their road-grading guard for a pass-protecting tackle. They're not going to turn around and use the #7 pick on a run-stuffing defensive tackle.

And Tampa was a less TO having QB from making the playoffs.. All the teams you name lost their QB and still were more competitive then us .  And the only team with a bad rush defense you name has a prolific offense and the best QB in the league.. Also got better against the run in the playoffs when Chris Jones came back...

Turner hasn't been a rode grader in 2 years.. We will see what they think  of run defense in this draft... So let's wait and see before making assumptions..

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

And Tampa was a less TO having QB from making the playoffs.. All the teams you name lost their QB and still were more competitive then us .  And the only team with a bad rush defense you name has a prolific offense and the best QB in the league.. Also got better against the run in the playoffs when Chris Jones came back...

Turner hasn't been a rode grader in 2 years.. We will see what they think  of run defense in this draft... So let's wait and see before making assumptions..

Yeah, if Jamies didn't throw 30 INTs, the Bucs would've probably been a pretty damn good football team. It's hard to be competitive with your QB averaging 2 INTs per game. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, if Jamies didn't throw 30 INTs, the Bucs would've probably been a pretty damn good football team. It's hard to be competitive with your QB averaging 2 INTs per game. 

If he had 15 to 18 ints they make the playoffs... That defense was dam near scary at the end of the year..

22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How has that approach to building an OL been working out for us?

Wills and Wirfs are drool-worthy.  Both would be excellent picks.

And even though I have made clear how I feel about these players above and how I think about picking either player, if it *did* happen that Carolina picked one of them at #7, I would have the definite urge to hunt Marty and Diseased Tepper down and punch both of them in their fat faces.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Kris Jenkins ran a 5.2. Anyone judging a DT by a 40 time doesn't have a very good understanding of a DT's role in the game of football.

Thats a nose tackle all of his times burst were slow. I illustrated his 40 to show a lack of speed in general he doesn't have a burst man. Stop it.

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

So talent is just a Freak? So why wasnt the big freak WR from Ole Miss top 10.

Yes I said better than Quinnen, and im not talking about it.  The OL who faced Both were talking about it 

well you see how well he ended up playing and he had injury concerns. He ended up being the Seahawks number one wr. All players are a game but I gamble on athletic upside if I have to over just pure stats.

If anyone would like a Draft Guide in .pdf that I got for free from a major sports-site for which I have a subscription, just e-mail me and I'll send it to you.

I just went through it and its decently formatted and has some really good info.

My e-mail is my Huddle user-name at yahoo-dot-com.

34 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

I love how people keep saying this as if its as easy as just wanting to.

On top of the fact that it would be Marty Hurney making the trade.

Never said it would be easy, what I said was, I  would LOOK at trading back between 10 and 12.... I would LOOK into the option to see if it was a possibility.

4 hours ago, Toomers said:

So because ONE player never won a SB, no team should ever draft a DT again? Who can argue with solid logic like that. No WRs. Smitty never won one. 

Your turn. Who are all these DTs who can do as you described? 

Tell me when a DT led their team to a SB victory....Neither has a LT...but why are LT's consider more valuable than a DT.  DT's are a dime a dozen.  The next great one is coming out next year but you don't have the chance to get a get good to great LT for 10 years either every draft.  KK is prime example and Star wasn't given an extension and let walk.

Archived