• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Derrick Brown, right?

Jeremy Igo

Vs 

Some of you really need to see this and stop the madness... 

Honestly Kinlaw has 1 move and gives up... He doesn't chase down or have great play recognition.. And sometimes he gets blown off the ball...

Brown doesn't get move alot has great play recognition and a better motor..

Just now, WOW!! said:

Vs 

Some of you really need to see this and stop the madness... 

Honestly Kinlaw has 1 move and gives up... He doesn't chase down or have great play recognition.. And sometimes he gets blown off the ball...

Brown doesn't get move alot has great play recognition and a better motor..

Kinlaw is the better athlete. Brown is the better football player.

I think Kinlaw may have the higher potential upside, but I'm also very confident he is a much bigger bust risk.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Kinlaw is the better athlete. Brown is the better football player.

I think Kinlaw may have the higher potential upside, but I'm also very confident he is a much bigger bust risk.

And that's why one is a top 7 pick and one isn't..

Brown is the better bet..

Day 1 Brown comes in and can start for you.. Kinlaw is probably better for him to be rotational like Kk his 1st year...

7. Okudah CB   NFC south has some of the best QB's in the NFL and our secondary needs a lot of  help

38. Lynch DT has a leg up on the defense being put in and a dire need 

69 Ruiz C/G help for the O line starts at guard and moves to center next year

113 Dye ILB good coverage skills quality depth at LB 

152 Carter S needed depth at safety and special teams 

5th from (Wash) Daniels DT, much needed quality depth made available here due to the run on WR's

184 Bassey CB developmental CB special teamer 

221 Coe DE nice rotation player that has experience at DT and DE

1 minute ago, south-paw said:

7. Okudah CB   NFC south has some of the best QB's in the NFL and our secondary needs a lot of  help

38. Lynch DT has a leg up on the defense being put in and a dire need 

69 Ruiz C/G help for the O line starts at guard and moves to center next year

113 Dye ILB good coverage skills quality depth at LB 

152 Carter S needed depth at safety and special teams 

5th from (Wash) Daniels DT, much needed quality depth made available here due to the run on WR's

184 Bassey CB developmental CB special teamer 

221 Coe DE nice rotation player that has experience at DT and DE

Yep trying to tell everyone Lynch will be the pick Rhule is running this draft not Hurney. I'm glad I don't want either Brown or Kinlaw at 7. Hell I'm not trading back and taking Kinlaw.

That Oregon film is crazy for Brown.  Consistently double teamed.  Sometimes a triple team with a chip.  On the last play with Herbert's last gasp heave, there were FOUR guys on Brown.  The few plays where Brown was 1-on-1, he had the O-lineman on skates going backwards.  Also a few pancakes by Brown for good measure. I didn't watch a whole lot of Oregon, but I have to wonder if their abundance of screen plays was the game plan to avoid the Auburn pass rush?  Maybe they run tons of screen plays all the time, again I'm not sure, but they sure did this game.

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

That Oregon film is crazy for Brown.  Consistently double teamed.  Sometimes a triple team with a chip.  On the last play with Herbert's last gasp heave, there were FOUR guys on Brown.  The few plays where Brown was 1-on-1, he had the O-lineman on skates going backwards.  Also a few pancakes by Brown for good measure. I didn't watch a whole lot of Oregon, but I have to wonder if their abundance of screen plays was the game plan to avoid the Auburn pass rush?  Maybe they run tons of screen plays all the time, again I'm not sure, but they sure did this game.

Nah, that's just the Oregon offense for the most part. Herbert ranked 66th (out of 110) in the NCAA in average yards per completion.

I just don't know whether or not it's fair to hold it against him. It's entirely possible that it's just a product of that particular offense and he may very well be capable of handling a lot more than what was asked of him. But, I'm not privy to his interviews and white board work, all I can do is watch the games and what he's done (or been able to do) during the games IMO just does not translate to the NFL very well.

2 hours ago, ncfan said:

Brown is a Generational player, best NT to come out since Suh. 

Brown lined up from end-to-nose.  He can play anywhere from 0-to-5 tech.  If they're thinking about releasing KK after this season for cap reasons, Brown can still play 0-tech and they can draft a 3 or they can easily slide Brown off of center.

8 minutes ago, CaliPanthers said:

Pretty much we can't go wrong with Derrick Brown, Isaiah Simmons or Jeff Okudah. If we get one of those 3, its a great building block for the defense and BPA. 

Agreed.

8 minutes ago, CaliPanthers said:

Im not going OT in the 1st round. There is some good depth in the 2nd and 3rd if you want an OL. 

How has that approach to building an OL been working out for us?

35 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

In this era.. Yes still the clearest sign of successful defense is run defense... You can fall in love with all this passing stuff you see.. But constantly teams that can run the ball and stop the run make the playoffs... 49ers, Seattle, Titans  big examples last year

Tampa Bay had the best rush defense by DVOA last year. Then the Jets. Then Pittsburgh. Then Philly. Baltimore had the 4-best pass D and the 20th-ranked rush D. KC, 6th in passing, 29th in rushing. The teams with the worst pass defenses last year were the worst teams in the league. 

Regardless of what I think, you can see what the Panthers think. There's not a more clear indication of their priorities than the Turner/Okung trade. They traded their road-grading guard for a pass-protecting tackle. They're not going to turn around and use the #7 pick on a run-stuffing defensive tackle.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Agreed.

How has that approach to building an OL been working out for us?

I'd love an offensive tackle. Okung's only here for a year. if they put the new guy inside and then slide him outside next year when Moton replaces Okung we'd have a great multi-year foundation for the offensive line. When's the last time we could say that?

Archived