• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The PI review is no more

exactlyzack

I didn’t see it posted anywhere else but if it is please feel free to remove this or merge. After one season of reviewing and challenging pass interference calls, the NFL has decided to end that experiment. Honestly I don’t think that should come as a surprise to anyone as it was a colossal failure and should have never come about in the first place. 

7 minutes ago, exactlyzack said:

I didn’t see it posted anywhere else but if it is please feel free to remove this or merge. After one season of reviewing and challenging pass interference calls, the NFL has decided to end that experiment. Honestly I don’t think that should come as a surprise to anyone as it was a colossal failure and should have never come about in the first place. 

Good

The XFL booth guy that reviews plays in real-time is the better move. It gets it right, quickly and with support from a home office look-in. 

I hope the NFL brings this over the way they did with the skycams from the old XFL... what a difference that made in viewing games on TV.

9 hours ago, nickzz said:

seemed like the refs boycotted this rule

That's exactly what happened.  And they are getting the reaction they wanted.  They went so far in protesting the rule that fans are just like "well that was a waste of time."  

As a side note: The Packers, one of the most favored franchises, were (not surprisingly) one of the only teams that actually benefitted from the rule change.  

Archived