• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers *ARE NOT* tanking

Jeremy Igo

Just now, panthers55 said:

Chud was far from a great offensive coach. He flamed out as a head coach and was last an offensive coordinator for the Colts in 2017. If he was so great why isn't he a OC anywhere with all the coaching changes? 

Not saying he was great. Simply saying that fielding a good offense that was negated by a bad D got him a HC job.

15 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He wasn’t the play caller or do the game plan. 

Actually he was a big part of the game plan and play development although he didn't call plays.  But if you have an OC who is consistently there and has produced mediocre results and then he suddenly brings in an assistant coach and you produce the best offense in the history of the school with essentially the same players, who do you think was the big change agent?

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not saying he was great. Simply saying that fielding a good offense that was negated by a bad D got him a HC job.

Yeah his style of play actually contributed to the poor defense. And you are right that when New Orleans had a great offense and poor defense they usually went 7-9. Which is where I think we will be even if we draft all defensive players. Without a solid core of veterans, it will be a big learning curve for the defense which usually translates to mistakes, blown leads and bad play. I hope I am wrong.

Just now, panthers55 said:

Yeah his style of play actually contributed to the poor defense. And you are right that when New Orleans had a great offense and poor defense they usually went 7-9. Which is where I think we will be even if we draft all defensive players. Without a solid core of veterans, it will be a big learning curve for the defense which usually translates to mistakes, blown leads and bad play. I hope I am wrong.

I'm not at all convinced we can field a great offense with Bridgewater at QB. Good? Sure. Great? Yeah, just not seeing that.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not at all convinced we can field a great offense with Bridgewater at QB. Good? Sure. Great? Yeah, just not seeing that.

I am taking a wait and see attitude. My only optimism comes from the fact he actually played farly well in the system we are installing.

1 minute ago, RASTAN66 said:

Amazed how many people are fixated on the past.

Where the defense ranked last year is not relevant.

The future is bright!

The future is uncertain.

And the recent past matters because it affects what we have to build from.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The future is uncertain.

And the recent past matters because it affects what we have to build from.

To an extent, but this team is different from last year's debacle. And I think we only have less than a handful of players from five years ago and decent money in the bank next year. This is really a new team and a new era at this moment!

21 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Not necessarily disagreeing, but I don't really know what you mean by CMC is "due for an injury".  That's not a thing.

He hasn't missed a game yet.  With the way he has been leaned on the law of averages say he is going to miss some time this season.  How many players have played 16 games 4 years in a row?  Has a rb ever done that?

Archived