• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers *ARE NOT* tanking

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Shotgun said:

You think we got a great roster?

Better than last year's hell yeah. If u think we could win those with Allen and what we have now on offense. And how could defense not get better we was literally last. So if u don't think it could be better ur crazy.

Just now, stbugs said:

The past two drafts have netted us two starters so far. The roster right now is pretty damn close to the roster we are playing with in 2020. I’d assume pick 7 and 38 should absolutely start, but honestly based on the past two drafts we can’t count on that.

That's it, pretty much. It is hard to "trust the process" with Marty still around. Tepper and Rhule have little to no track record of being able to identify NFL caliber talent. 

We are looking a bad known and two unknowns. Not exactly something that is confidence inspiring. 

2 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

None of the just Cam fans instead of team fans are going to like anything positive right now. SMH

You have to be the dumbest motherfuger alive like you’re beyond stupid kid. People aren’t happy because Hurney is building the roster oh and they do one move to improve then one move taking steps back. 

1 minute ago, steven8989 said:

Better than last year's hell yeah. If u think we could win those with Allen and what we have now on offense. And how could defense not get better we was literally last. So if u don't think it could be better ur crazy.

Steven, don't KOD the defense this early. Jesus.

1 minute ago, steven8989 said:

That makes me feel better.

11 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Agreed 100%.  We will have a top 10 offense, and a defense that will be improved over last season (I mean, it has to be, right).  We are replacing aging vets with young, hungry players.  Losing Luke hurts, but Shaq will help lead.  If we can get a couple defensive starters in the draft, and sign another couple decent vets, we will be ok.  8-8 is reasonable.  

Until the Grier experiment we were a top 10-15 offense last year. I wouldn’t count on the D improving unless we dominate the draft. I know we sucked but we still lost a lot on D. Our best and only CB is Donte who still gets burned on the regular. We lost Luke and our best and only DT is an old, been getting worse since 2017, didn’t play last year Short. If we don’t hit on D starters, this D could be epically awful.

5 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I got two words.... bridge & water.

Derek Anderson had a pro bowl year with a good OC and weapons... Count Teddy out .. cool.. But it's not that hard to throw a 10 yard out and watch it go for 60 because the weapons and the scheme is good..

12 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Serious question.. Do they win that game with anybody but Gruden going against his old team from a year ago.. That superbowl looked like he knew everything the Raiders were going to do and the actual name of each play...

They had a really good D but I think you are right. It also led to Gruden running that team into the ground where it has stayed to date.

I honestly liked Tony more as a coach but he couldn't get over the hump in Tampa.

Archived