• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers *ARE NOT* tanking

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

How ppl don't understand this is crazy..  There is nobody you're bringing in now that is going to be a better leader then Luke next year.. Or a CB that is matching up with the NFCs passing games day 1..  We don't have the horses this year to compete at a avg. Level right now..

Couple that with all of the turnover coupled with no offseason activities.  Our guys will have no familiarity with their teammates or scheme Week 1.   I fully expect to look horrible through week 6.  

While I like the idea of trying to be competitive from day one and to build a hustle team.  I don’t see early success.  Defenses are usually behind to start the season. And ours will be way behind with a bunch a new college kids and year 1 starters.  The defense will get a chance to hustle a lot.  Because they may be on the field for 160 snap a game.  

I really don't understand the purpose of not tanking. Even with the greatest coaching staff of all time, this roster isn't winning more than six games (and tbh, that's a stretch). You gain nothing. Tank and we may have one of the highest rated prospects of this decade. Don't tank, and you get what? Another mediocre season with no shot of competing. You need a great (not okay) QB to win in this league. Whatever means necessary. 

Archived