• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers *ARE NOT* tanking

Jeremy Igo

15 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

And compared to other GMs across the league it has been fairly good given that most GMs strike out more than they hit homeruns.

What other GMs have went 35-61 with no winning seasons or playoffs in their last 6 seasons in charge. Where do these “most GMs” work? 

Can someone explain to me how Bridgewater is suppose to be "good"?

I keep looking at his statistics (because obviously he never passed the eye test), and in every category he's either nearly matching or worse than Trubisky, which everyone around the NFL agree is garbage. So why the narrative with Bridgewater different? Hell, Trubisky in 2018 had a 24 touchdown season, blowing Bridgewater out of... the water. Why is it than Teddy is seen as anything more than a game managing backup?

Does anyone really think that a quarterback that's best year produced 14 touchdowns, less than a touchdown a game, is really going to come here and light it up? Does anyone here really think that Joe Brady, in his first NFL season, is going to be better than Sean Payton, who he learned his system from?

This team is tanking, and Rhule gonna learn the hard way that you need a quarterback to win the NFL.

1 minute ago, SmartyHurney said:

Can someone explain to me how Bridgewater is suppose to be "good"?

I keep looking at his statistics (because obviously he never passed the eye test), and in every category he's either nearly matching or worse than Trubisky, which everyone around the NFL agree is garbage. So why the narrative with Bridgewater different? Hell, Trubisky in 2018 had a 24 touchdown season, blowing Bridgewater out of... the water. Why is it than Teddy is seen as anything more than a game managing backup?

Does anyone really think that a quarterback that's best year produced 14 touchdowns, less than a touchdown a game, is really going to come here and light it up? Does anyone here really think that Joe Brady, in his first NFL season, is going to be better than Sean Payton, who he learned his system from?

This team is tanking, and Rhule gonna learn the hard way that you need a quarterback to win the NFL.

Not to jump on the Teddy B bandwagon.. Because I'm not and I still think he is a game manager..

But just to play antithesis to your opinion...

Did you think Jake would be good???

What were Jake numbers before becoming the Panthers franchise QB??

TBF, that's what I expect them to say, but I do believe secretly, they plan to tank for Lawrence. They can't publicly say "we're going to intentionally lose to draft Clemson's QB." That won't put butts in the seats. PR move. 

8 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Not to jump on the Teddy B bandwagon.. Because I'm not and I still think he is a game manager..

But just to play antithesis to your opinion...

Did you think Jake would be good???

What were Jake numbers before becoming the Panthers franchise QB??

So we're just going to pretend this is Teddy's first real NFL year. That's some delusional poo right there.

18 minutes ago, SmartyHurney said:

So we're just going to pretend this is Teddy's first real NFL year. That's some delusional poo right there.

It wasn't Jake's either.. He had been in NO for 5 years and 2 years NFLEurope before becoming a Panthers.. Same as Teddy..

Archived