• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers *ARE NOT* tanking

Jeremy Igo

Rhule is not interested in winning under 5 games this season. He is not interested in dragging this team down to the worst in the league to draft any single player. 

Instead, he is looking to build a culture of hard work and accountability in the building. The hope is that will benefit the team as a whole much more than any single player would. That would be nearly impossible to create if he allowed a 1-2 win season. The goal is a season with a handful of wins, some close losses, and a hell of a lot of hustle. 

I'm good with that. 

2 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

the hustle year

hang the banner

I get the joke,

But every Super Bowl banner you see hanging in any stadium in the country has a year or two where the team and fans sucked it up and made the transition from mediocre to champion. 

I got the feeling that with RR and Smarty Marty, we were playing for job security.  I like the long contract for Rhule as a gesture of showing him support for doing this the right way.   If he pulls this off, he is going to be this team's Vince Lombardi.

Agreed 100%.  We will have a top 10 offense, and a defense that will be improved over last season (I mean, it has to be, right).  We are replacing aging vets with young, hungry players.  Losing Luke hurts, but Shaq will help lead.  If we can get a couple defensive starters in the draft, and sign another couple decent vets, we will be ok.  8-8 is reasonable.  

Archived