• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rebranding: Logo/Uniforms

saX man

It will happen. Going to be hard to roll out right now for many reasons. If they are smart, they will wait two years to try it. If it looks like some of the fugly ones then they will get roasted. For example, that new Rams logo is just awful and deserves to be burnt down as long as they are using it.  

don't watch video, but both spleenless Simms and his sidekick agree our jerseys are worst or second worst in the NFL.

Personally I am fine with them, hate the font of the uniform numbers  in the pic above because it looks like same as on the new buc uni's.  Which suck.

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/chris-simms-ranks-top-5-ugliest-nfl-uniforms

9 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

don't watch video, but both spleenless Simms and his sidekick agree our jerseys are worst or second worst in the NFL.

Personally I am fine with them, hate the font of the uniform numbers  in the pic above because it looks like same as on the new buc uni's.  Which suck.

Ha! Saw that a few weeks back, figured it would have been posted but never saw it here. 

I do agree it needs a refresh.  Why not.

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

It will happen. Going to be hard to roll out right now for many reasons. If they are smart, they will wait two years to try it. If it looks like some of the fugly ones then they will get roasted. For example, that new Rams logo is just awful and deserves to be burnt down as long as they are using it.  

Holy hell is that logo bad.  It's like they wanted to rebrand as either the Chargers or an internet browser lol. 

8 minutes ago, davos said:

Holy hell is that logo bad.  It's like they wanted to rebrand as either the Chargers or an internet browser lol. 

It's yikes bad.

I know it's just a logo or a uniform but I think as a fan I can make fun of it if this happens to us. Might as well laugh about it.

How many people actually and truly care about ONE CAROLINA? If that is no big deal to most, change the logo. If people live and breathe that philosophy, keep it. It's not a strong logo at all looking at it. It's what it "means" that gives it oomph. But if no one cares? Get a meaner, striking logo.

49 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

Not to nitpick, but they said third worst, not worst or second worst. The funny thing is the non-Simms guy chose the Panthers all black uniform as the third worst, and Simms chose the black jersey/silver pants combo. After some discussion, the non-Simms guy changed his vote and voted for that same combo as third worst.  

Seriously think the black helmets that were for sale on the team website last year were a little test market. New uniforms/logos are coming for sure I would think....but are we really going to do it next year when we suck?  Maybe that's Tepper's move to make money on merch with all of 1 marketable star on the team now? 

15 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

How many people actually and truly care about ONE CAROLINA? If that is no big deal to most, change the logo. If people live and breathe that philosophy, keep it. It's not a strong logo at all looking at it. It's what it "means" that gives it oomph. But if no one cares? Get a meaner, striking logo.

Not trying to throw shade but most people that found their way here in the Cam era probably don't know the state combo logo connection. 

Traditionally, sun belt teams have shied away from black helmets.  Lighter colors reflect the sunlight better, and collect heat less.  Or so the theory goes.  Years back, there was a Miami Dolphin helmet design that used aqua as a base color.  The team rejected it, most likely for that very reason.

Teams actually do consider every slight advantage/disadvantage when evaluating uniforms.  In hockey, the San Jose Sharks abandoned most of the stripes on their jerseys because the added material added a little weight. 

But then we have the Tennessee Titans.  It might be interesting to see if they noticed a difference when they switched from white to dark blue helmets. 

Just another consideration to mull over.

I think those jerseys Sax posted are a good starting point, and can be tweaked a bit to move towards a more "neo-classic" hybrid look. Take off the stupid claw marks on the shoulder pads and the little accents.... less is more. I do like the font of the jersey and think a matte black helmet with proper shadowing would be a good look for us.....thinking like the Vikings helmet.

Something like this, but the logo a it smaller and less Bucs like where it takes up the whole side panel. 

Image result for panthers black helmet

Archived