• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rebranding: Logo/Uniforms

saX man

Hey folks

In a very short time, we've said goodbye to Luke, Olsen, Cam, TD, Peppers, Colin Jones and Marc Carrier.   The front office has been completely revamped, coaching staff is 95% new, and the turnover is everywhere and anywhere.

So, Tepper is cleaning house in every regard, yet we are still stuck in the early 2000s.  This franchise experimented with color combinations in years past yet we've had 2 primary iterations in a 25 year history.  And I mean, come on, it's been this:

2ya6m1ZHNpFBXaJO_jEtobkOO5Wf6KOvg9C-csS7

I get that uniform consistency can be nice but our first is super 90s, and our second is very much like a Nick Cage mid-00s movie.  As a designer, the template screams dated and the lettering is god awful.  God awful.  I'd rather take Palatino Linotype. 

So my question is, WHEN?! Come on Tepper, you're all about changing everything possible, well this is abundantly in need of a change. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQp4biaosGABiwpVb-6y9_

My suggestion? #desilverize and a completely new logo with less of a head structure.  Black helmets.

This is one of the first things that comes up on the Google which doesn't look bad, but the the helmet needs major refinement but towards simplification.

None of this weird silver AND white secondary.  It is so dated. 

244ade862efd51933c0c4f0735e86cb7.jpg

Now, please, get the "oh god uniform/offseason bologne responses out early but I think this is warranted.  This owner is changing everything, well how about update the most obviously dated aspect of this organization.  It's not the stadium, it's not the food vendors, it's not the coaching philosophy.  It's the uniforms. 

Not my best, but we need new uniforms, and it's 2020.  We spent a decade looking like a decade behind. 

22 minutes ago, saX man said:

Hey folks

In a very short time, we've said goodbye to Luke, Olsen, Cam, TD, Peppers, Colin Jones and Marc Carrier.   The front office has been completely revamped, coaching staff is 95% new, and the turnover is everywhere and anywhere.

So, Tepper is cleaning house in every regard, yet we are still stuck in the early 2000s.  This franchise experimented with color combinations in years past yet we've had 2 primary iterations in a 25 year history.  And I mean, come on, it's been this:

2ya6m1ZHNpFBXaJO_jEtobkOO5Wf6KOvg9C-csS7

I get that uniform consistency can be nice but our first is super 90s, and our second is very much like a Nick Cage mid-00s movie.  As a designer, the template screams dated and the lettering is god awful.  God awful.  I'd rather take Palatino Linotype. 

So my question is, WHEN?! Come on Tepper, you're all about changing everything possible, well this is abundantly in need of a change. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQp4biaosGABiwpVb-6y9_

My suggestion? #desilverize and a completely new logo with less of a head structure.  Black helmets.

This is one of the first things that comes up on the Google which doesn't look bad, but the the helmet needs major refinement but towards simplification.

None of this weird silver AND white secondary.  It is so dated. 

244ade862efd51933c0c4f0735e86cb7.jpg

Now, please, get the "oh god uniform/offseason bologne responses out early but I think this is warranted.  This owner is changing everything, well how about update the most obviously dated aspect of this organization.  It's not the stadium, it's not the food vendors, it's not the coaching philosophy.  It's the uniforms. 

Not my best, but we need new uniforms, and it's 2020.  We spent a decade looking like a decade behind. 

These jerseys are terrible. Look like jerseys that would be used in a movie to mock the NFL. 

I agree with ditching the silver helmets but think the current logo/font is fine. Just get rid of the outline and use the eyes/nose/whiskers/teeth combo.

Break out a new look when we become a consistently competitive franchise so its not associated with mediocrity.   

Photos Library.jpeg

7 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

These jerseys are terrible. Look like jerseys that would be used in a movie to mock the NFL. 

Using them as reference buddy, not saying those are what I want.  Dingleberries stay dingleberries.

our current jersies are fine, i think some of the best in the league. maybe change the font and the logo a bit but the jersies really only need to be cleaned up. plus i'd rather not be one of those fly over/forgettable teams that change jersies and that either suck, are really generic, or they keep doing it every other year and fail to establish an identity due to it (browns, jags, buccaneers, jets etc.)

just take a page from the vikings playbook and clean up the jersies and logo, ditch the silver perhaps as well but that's really it. don't fix what isn't broken.

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

I like them...

Everything but the socks, but honestly, they look pretty sweet, and I LOVE that the helmets are black and no longer that crappy bedazzled silver. 

Archived