• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Day three without beef or pork

Matt Foley

We raised cattle on our farm- had around 60 head of cattle at our peak... granted, we had pastures for them to wander about and barns for them as well. Can't speak to Meat's itty bitty confined quarters that he mentioned, but don't really care. We are the eater, they are the eaten.

First and foremost -- to each his own, I really believe this. I'd never judge anyone else for what they eat or didn't eat. People should have all the info though in making decisions how they live their life, that can include threads like this one where people explain pros/cons of dropping red meat. So far the only "cons" I have seen is that you will get called a "vag" by JBro and that you miss out on some great taste, we're all adults and we can make our own decisions. Except for Saint J, I think he's like 12 or something.

But I just wanted to throw in my two cents though that I've frozen out red meat and dairy for the most part for the last 8 months, and am feeling much healthier and more energetic, and I haven't gotten sick once. Your own mileage may vary, of course, but beans kick ass, most nuts other than peanuts are very good for you (wait for the Jbro joke), and chicken and fish are always there.

Steak sure is tasty, but I sure as hell don't want all the crap they feed cows with and inject cows with floating through my bloodstream. Plus, you can feed 9 times the amount of people with the grain used to feed a cow than the amount of people fed by that same cow itself after it ate all the damned grain.

[fn 1 -- check out the China Study, authors pored over tons of nutrition and health info in one of the largest health studies ever gathered, concluded that animal protein significantly contributes to increased likelihood of numerous cancer types. That's not even to mention the widely-accepted increased risk of heart disease. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_China_Study ]

I'm on Day 10, and I feel great. I'm losing weight, too. And each day I find something else I can eat that doesn't have beef or pork in it. I crave Chinese food about once every week. Yesterday I had veggie egg foo young, and it tasted just like pork egg foo young.

Dear Mr. Meat,

Our recent studies have shown that the whole "meat is bad for you" movement is a falsehood. It is a conspiracy grown by the vegetable farmers lobby and should be taken with a grain of salt (and some melted butter). So we feel it is in your health's best interest to resume the practice of eating God's little creatures as was originally intended by the Great Creator.

And remember, nobody likes a quitter.

We miss you,

The Meat people

But I just wanted to throw in my two cents though that I've frozen out red meat and dairy for the most part for the last 8 months, and am feeling much healthier and more energetic, and I haven't gotten sick once. Your own mileage may vary, of course, but beans kick ass, most nuts other than peanuts are very good for you (wait for the Jbro joke), and chicken and fish are always there.

:cheers2:

I'll take a halibut fillet over any land animal.

IMG_9857.JPG

Archived