• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pharoh Cooper Signs with Panthers

blackcat

Well we had Tutankhamen Reyes back in the day, now we have Pharoh.

If you'd have Ptolemy we'd be so Egyptian, I'd have never believed it.

Maybe we can change it to Thebes Alley now...

Thank you, thank you, no stop it, thank you... I'll be here all week, try the fish.

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Heres what I know about that. Herniay and crew could already (in ALL their mastery) planned that they wouldnt get comp picks. Another is agent&players, its the main one. Players want to sign early cause youre part of program earlier, thus increasing your shot at making the team. Either by learning the system/language or team doesnt need a draft one now per say. Weird enough if a player is a "2million" per type of player, you could offer less to sign now. Some players play the waiting game and teams find another solutions, then youre "retired". 

Herniay makes it super easy to find faults, but here is not the case. All teams are aware of the great WR draft class, many will be out of a job as a result. He is taking advantage of the situation. (small as it maybe). Robby Anderson could be in play, who knows at this point...

Robby Anderson would make a lot of sense. He's worth forgoing a comp pick for. Pharoh Cooper... eh

4 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Thank you, thank you, no stop it, thank you... I'll be here all week, try the fish.

Makes me want to cry to my mummy.

(I'm logging off) :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

5 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

the rock applause GIF

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Robby Anderson would make a lot of sense. He's worth forgoing a comp pick for. Pharoh Cooper... eh

Cooper could be cut before the system starts, remember how the panthers got Mike Davis and that WR. Teams cut them week 10 to prevent comp picks to others. Besides its a crazy formula. I dont know how it works, but cooper should be around 1mill and Irvin 10mill, thats a big gap. Its also performance based too, ie if big vern has a 1st all-pro season its also improves the comp pick. Lots at play.  

9 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Cooper could be cut before the system starts, remember how the panthers got Mike Davis and that WR. Teams cut them week 10 to prevent comp picks to others. Besides its a crazy formula. I dont know how it works, but cooper should be around 1mill and Irvin 10mill, thats a big gap. Its also performance based too, ie if big vern has a 1st all-pro season its also improves the comp pick. Lots at play.  

Independent websites pretty much nail it spot on year after year. If they can do it I have very little doubt that the NFL teams can do it.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Independent websites pretty much nail it spot on year after year. If they can do it I have very little doubt that the NFL teams can do it.

The formula is technically not officially published anywhere. All those websites basically work it backwards to estimate it, to my knowledge. 

A few points:

1) These 1 year contracts likely have minimum or inexpensive cap figures and won't meet the minimum standards to count against the comp pick formula.  So, other than the multi-year contracts, our signings won't have any impact on our comp picks.

2) The deadline where FA signings won't effect comp picks is like a week before the draft, so most of these guys would be off the board by that time and not available to us.  Other teams would have signed them to help fill out their rosters and take a flyer on building depth to their WR corps.  

3) Also, why did anybody think we were going to get any comp picks anyway?  We are a rebuilding team that let a lot of players go, so it was inevitable that we would need to bring in quite a few players just to fill out the roster.  And several would certainly be more than league minimum deals which would kill any comp picks we could have received otherwise.  I never expected any comp picks since I knew we would have to bring in more than we lost just to field a team.  And the same will happen next year as well.  That's why the "let Cam play out his contract, and at worst, we'll get a 3rd round comp pick for him" crowd was not recognizing the truth of the situation.

There may be things to complain about the way this offseason has gone, but losing comp pick is not a reasonable one...it was going to happen no matter what.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Im sure they got a idea or a person in charge thats knows, but dont fret the panthers have Marty Herniay! Teams do not know the type of season signed guys will have, again it has performance parts and injury stuff involved. Sign a 1mill player and they break records, it improves the comp pick value. Snaps are in the formula too. 

Archived