• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pharoh Cooper Signs with Panthers

blackcat

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

1. Hurney is trash in the latter rounds, so it doesn't matter until he's gone

2. What I'm saying is instead of relying on them, the FO needs to be better at acquiring picks in the future.

No argument on Hurney.

What some folks have been saying, and I think there's some validity, is that we're signing some guys right now who still would have been available after the comp pick deadline passed. And even if some of them weren't, players of similar quality would have been.

It's not necessarily the signings themselves so much as it is the timing. That, plus some of it looks like we don't have a plan (or much of one) which is reasonable given that some of our primary decision makers right now don't really have much in the way of NFL experience.

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Comp picks are nice but people on this board think they are fuggin gold or something.  They aren't.

They aren't. But neither are shot in the dark unproven FA signings. So we're basically forgoing the opportunity to add draft capital to making likely low return FA signings. Not smart.

I've always thought playing the comp pick game wasn't a great move, but what I meant by that is that you shouldn't hamstring yourself from signing impact FAs to get comp picks. What I didn't mean by that is that you should go out and sign bottom of the roster type guys and forego comp picks for them.

38 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't understand why we're screwing ourselves on comp picks with these bottom of the roster type signings. It just doesn't make any sense.

You do understand: The FO wants to field a competitive team, whether people agree with it or not [which is somewhat ironic]!

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You do understand: The FO wants to field a competitive team, whether people agree with it or not [which is somewhat ironic]!

Fielding a competitive team with bottom of the roster type guys? Best of luck with that plan.

Meanwhile, we only have one DT currently on the roster and he's 31 years old coming off of a season ending injury.

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Understandable. But with a little patience and an understanding of the rules, a lot of the same players or players of similar quality could have been had and comp pics could have been kept.

Archived