• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Last two times Hurney was about to lose the best player in team history, he got nothing for them

electro's horse

Hung on to Peppers a year too long, couldn't bring himself to tag and trade him after 2008. Refused to see the writing on the wall. Obviously Peppers made things difficult but there were options. Instead he walked to Chicago and literally murdered the Panthers on the field the following year. That game was the worst thing I've ever seen, and I lived in India. 

Wouldn't trade Smith after 2009. Had offers from several places, including New England. Obviously maybe not the worst outcome, but once again held on to high value player staring down bad seasons. 

Cam? Can't imagine this being handled much worse. Panthers have very little leverage here. Maybe we get bailed out by Chicago (god think how different Hurney's career would be if it weren't for the Bears) but at this point I can't imagine getting anything good for him. 

Good thing I have all this quarantine booze. 

Archived