• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The 2020 Panthers

Jeremy Igo

Allen also beat Deshaun Watson. I'd still pick Deshaun every day and twice on Sunday.

Teddy is a significant upgrade over Allen. Even though getting rid of Cam is beyond stupid, we're in a much better spot with Teddy than we would be otherwise.

I don't see a clear strategy forming out of FA.

I don't see them acquiring draft capital.

They aren't fixing an area of the team.

They aren't going with a young roster.

I don't understand the strategy of signing Bridgewater and letting a cheaper better QB walk, when he's more than earned the right to leave on his terms.

I don't understand why they are screwing themselves out of comp picks.

I don't understand the Trai Turner trade.

If you're blowing it up fine, but why are you keeping the RB who will be wasted on a bad team?

I just want someone to tell me if they're tanking or trying to compete. Because I genuinely can't tell.

37 minutes ago, Daywa1ker said:

Allen also beat Deshaun Watson. I'd still pick Deshaun every day and twice on Sunday.

Teddy is a significant upgrade over Allen. Even though getting rid of Cam is beyond stupid, we're in a much better spot with Teddy than we would be otherwise.

I think you're missing the point. Bridgewater being on the team or not makes zero difference. Hell, Watson or even Mahomes being on this team wouldn't make them win.

You're paying a guy 60 mill. I don't like him but he WILL make the team better along with CMC without ever coming close to contending.

Why not use a guy already on the roster who costs nothing and doesn't effect comp picks? If he suceeds you have an asset. If he doesn't you get a top QB in the draft. The point is there is no apparent strategy.

In truth whoever is QB1 is in for a tough year. I can't imagine why Bridgewater would dream of joining the Panthers right now.

This is a roster which noteworthy only for an overall dearth of talent. The Bridgewater signing simply made the situation worse. He is not capable of winning games for you. His past shows that he is the ultimate game manager who can dink and dunk and limit turnovers and not lose games for you and no more. 20 points seems to be his threshold offensive total.

He holds a 22-12 record as a starter , which is solid and a tad deceptive. Both Minnesota and New Orleans averaged less than 20 points per game under his tutelage. In other words, their defense was winning games and Bridgewater not losing them inordinately.

The Panthers better draft a franchise QB this draft because while the Panthers will not be competitive overall, they could win more games than last season. This means a lower draft pick will be forthcoming. The Panthers should have embraced the need for a rebuild and rolled with Allen and/or a draftee instead of wasting salary cap space and flexibility on a QB who is, at best, a third or fourth tier QB, Half measures were not needed. Unfortunately, it is clear that the voices crying that a rebuild was not needed and that a retooling was called for won the day. Since the "retoolers" won I think the Panthers fans ultimately lose.

We are looking at more mediocrity. I am depressed! I hate having to hope I am wrong!

I had high hopes for the new regime. Those hopes have been completely dashed. What happened to the vaunted use of analytics? It is clear to me that Bridgewater was a horrible signing for a team that lacks overall competitiveness. As crazy as this sounds, I am more upset with this team now than in the 1-15 season.

This is why a LOCAL ownership group who appreciates the solid history this franchise has built in a very very competitive league was preferred by fans. This guy is obviously winging it. This was OUR team while Tepper was Steeler loving. None of this is Steeler like at all it's not Panther like at all. His front office seems reactionary, clumsy, bipolar.

I accepted Tepper with open arms. Now I can't trust him. He made Rhule look like a fool or a liar, which one?

I think we go 4-12.

Defense will be trash - I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a lot of zone coverage and teams beating us to death underneath until we finally try to blitz and then give up big play after big play.

I'm all for letting the young edges go for it and blitz the crap out of teams, zone up behind them, and hope for the best. 

It's sort of like when we were a first year team and Capers just let the defense go as hard as possible....

3 hours ago, Snake said:

With the way tepper forced the 3-4 now he's forcing us back to the 4-3 I can't see how we are not going to be historically bad for years. We basically are blowing up the defense twice in two years. 

To be fair, we honestly didn't have the pieces last year to be a true 3-4 team.  Last year's D with Luke still on it would have been much better off playing the 4-3.

Archived