• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

3 hours ago, Paintballr said:

Yeah I went to Hendrick Honda of Concord about two weeks ago and not a single employee was wearing a mask, no sanitizer out for us to use, and maybe 1 out of 10 customers were wearing a mask. 

I was the odd ball in a mask and ended up sitting outside just because I didn’t want to sit in their waiting room with no care to distancing or masks 

People are wearing masks just about everywhere here in Virginia Beach, including the car dealers I checked out last week.  I haven't been in a ton of places since they opened back up, but so far the only place where the employees weren't wearing masks was at a car audio place I went to on Friday.  But all of their customers were wearing masks, including myself.

Greenville, SC voting on emergency ordinance to force customers to wear masks at grocery stores and pharmacies, and employees to wear masks at retail businesses, hair salons, grocery stores and pharmacies.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxcarolina.com/news/greenville-city-council-to-consider-emergency-ordinance-to-require-face-masks-at-all-businesses-within/article_8b04e5a0-b4a3-11ea-b61d-576e3c0a0fc0.amp.html

Hope it passes.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Greenville, SC voting on emergency ordinance to force customers to wear masks at grocery stores and pharmacies, and employees to wear masks at retail businesses, hair salons, grocery stores and pharmacies.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxcarolina.com/news/greenville-city-council-to-consider-emergency-ordinance-to-require-face-masks-at-all-businesses-within/article_8b04e5a0-b4a3-11ea-b61d-576e3c0a0fc0.amp.html

Hope it passes.

Masks are proven to help slow the spread of respiratory illness.  If people want to get back to normal activities this is one of the things we're going to have to do because it's not effective unless almost everyone does it.  Seeing as to how this is America and "if you tell me something is smart and responsible to do I'm going to do the exact opposite because fug you" is the guiding philosophy in the lives of millions, I wholeheartedly believe cities, counties, and states are going to end up having to force people to do it.

It's simple: if fewer people are exposed to the virus, then fewer people get infected.  Eventually the r0 dips below 1 and the virus runs out of avenues to infect new people.  If your droplets are mostly contained, then even if you're sick and out in public, it's less likely that you're going to infect someone.

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield
  • Pie 6

1 hour ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Masks are proven to help slow the spread of respiratory illness.  If people want to get back to normal activities this is one of the things we're going to have to do because it's not effective unless almost everyone does it.  Seeing as to how this is America and "if you tell me something is smart and responsible to do I'm going to do the exact opposite because fug you" is the guiding philosophy in the lives of millions, I wholeheartedly believe cities, counties, and states are going to end up having to force people to do it.

What are you going to do?  Have the defunded police come in and start doing choke holds on people not wearing masks?  

• Poo 1

I don't get what's SO bad about wearing a mask. It's a thin piece of cloth. You were probably that some tool in high school in shorts and a t-shirt when it was 30 degrees outside, or as a kid refused to wear a jacket.

And to Wes ... they'll simply enforce it by asking you to leave or not letting you in. No need for police unless you refuse to leave. And not to mention they don't have to serve you. I guess if you're quick enough you can go to self checkout lol.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I don't get what's SO bad about wearing a mask. It's a thin piece of cloth. You were probably that some tool in high school in shorts and a t-shirt when it was 30 degrees outside, or as a kid refused to wear a jacket.

And to Wes ... they'll simply enforce it by asking you to leave or not letting you in. No need for police unless you refuse to leave. And not to mention they don't have to serve you. I guess if you're quick enough you can go to self checkout lol.

If you aren't used to wearing masks, or if you have the wrong mask, it really sucks.  I had that issue when this thing first started.  Not only was I not used to wearing masks, but the first 4-5 styles I tried were all horrible for me.  Once someone handed me a basic surgical mask it was a game changer for me.  It still sucks to have to do long meetings with a mask on, but at least I can get thru it.  With the other masks I legit couldn't do it.  I couldn't breath and I kept getting hot and sweaty, my glasses kept fogging up, and the straps hurt my ears and/or head.

11 hours ago, stirs said:

Might be a way to get the death rate to start back in upward trajectory?

It might go down.  If someone has the virus and you kill them, they can't spread it anymore.  What's interesting is while I'm joking about that, on the news this morning they had a doctor who said something similar.  He said with several different strains out there, you've got some that are more deadly than others.  What we are seeing is an increase in the less deadly strains and decrease in the more deadly strains.  The strains that spread but don't kill can obviously spread alot more, while the strains that kill the host are shorter lived because...well...dead people don't tend to spread viruses.

24 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

If you aren't used to wearing masks, or if you have the wrong mask, it really sucks.  I had that issue when this thing first started.  Not only was I not used to wearing masks, but the first 4-5 styles I tried were all horrible for me.  Once someone handed me a basic surgical mask it was a game changer for me.  It still sucks to have to do long meetings with a mask on, but at least I can get thru it.  With the other masks I legit couldn't do it.  I couldn't breath and I kept getting hot and sweaty, my glasses kept fogging up, and the straps hurt my ears and/or head.

It might go down.  If someone has the virus and you kill them, they can't spread it anymore.  What's interesting is while I'm joking about that, on the news this morning they had a doctor who said something similar.  He said with several different strains out there, you've got some that are more deadly than others.  What we are seeing is an increase in the less deadly strains and decrease in the more deadly strains.  The strains that spread but don't kill can obviously spread alot more, while the strains that kill the host are shorter lived because...well...dead people don't tend to spread viruses.

That got me thinking on strains of viruses; I wonder how the scientific community is going to back and break down the seasonal flu deaths against the coronavirus deaths in retrospect?  I doubt it is even attempted to any real degree, I would be willing to bet they all will be COVID-19 deaths.  It's not like the seasonal flu just disappeared in February *poof* once Covid-19 became the main focus.  Yes, the seasonal flu causes tens of thousands of deaths every year in America.  Anyway, just a thought.

15 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

That got me thinking on strains of viruses; I wonder how the scientific community is going to back and break down the seasonal flu deaths against the coronavirus deaths in retrospect?  I doubt it is even attempted to any real degree, I would be willing to bet they all will be COVID-19 deaths.  It's not like the seasonal flu just disappeared in February *poof* once Covid-19 became the main focus.  Yes, the seasonal flu causes tens of thousands of deaths every year in America.  Anyway, just a thought.

COVID is where the money is, so any grey area will always go to COVID.

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Man, if you couldn't make it through a meeting of sitting on your ass while wearing a mask, you better hope you don't get this stuff.

I can now that I have a different mask.  I might already have "this stuff," but I'm young and athletic so there's that.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you're "young and athletic" you were just being dramatic. You're like that guy who was "struggling to breathe" while running suicides but magically recovered when it was time to run scrimmage. 

I will say wearing a mask legit makes me feel claustrophobic,  but I can deal with it going into a store. I would be hard for me to wear it 8 hours a day at work but I'm sure I would adjust.   I dont think he's being dramatic

8 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

I can now that I have a different mask.  I might already have "this stuff," but I'm young and athletic so there's that.

I am young and athletic as well I also make a so much money and I have more cars than most people have friends