• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

No point to be made here, just an interesting read.  Here is an excerpt:

"Meanwhile, the second study, from Australian researchers, looked at 217 people on a cruise bound for Antarctica. The ship set sail in mid-March, just after the World Health Organization declared the coronavirus a pandemic.

The first fever on board was reported eight days into the voyage. Over the following two weeks, eight people had to be evacuated from the ship because they fell ill.

All of the 217 people who remained on board were tested for COVID-19. More than half (59 percent) tested positive, but just 19 percent of those patients had symptoms. The other 81 percent were symptom-free."  

Article on Asymptomatic People

The reason I highlighted this section is these vacationers were confined to tight quarters with COVID-19 people and probably did not take immediate measures (quarantine, hand washing, social distancing, mask wearing etc...) to mitigate it as the WHO had just recently called it a pandemic. So this is more realistic than clinical studies because it occurred outside of a controlled setting without any preconceived notions or hypothesis.  The article did not say if any of the medi-vaced patients or those that did show symptoms died from the disease.

Can you explain this to @GOAT using words and phrases he can comprehend? If you have a 10 year old girl around maybe you can get her to translate it for him? 

12 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I'd love to see this article and learn how a Dr. was able to trace a persons step to determine where she became infected, and how they were able to go about testing that surface days / weeks later.

Sounds like a load of poo. Hit me again with the reading comprehension jab though.

Its incredible.  A doctor comes up with a theory and throws it out there.  Then when people read "doctor" they take it as a concrete fact and run with it, and lash out at anyone who questions it.  "Its from a doctor!  Why do you hate science!" LOL

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

16 minutes ago, GOAT said:

yikes, can't play devils advocate with libs. I never learn.

enjoy your 1200

You have nothing better to do in the middle of a workday than to deliberately stir the pot with ignorant bullshit for your own simple minded amusement on the internet? Go apply for a couple jobs. Arby’s is hiring. 

I think this is a G5 alt. If so, his racism will get him banned again. 

2 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

You have nothing better to do in the middle of a workday than to deliberately stir the pot with ignorant bullshit for your own simple minded amusement on the internet? Go apply for a couple jobs. Arby’s is hiring. 

Likely G5...  this alt was created around the same time he was banned.

Just now, Ja Rhule said:

Likely G5...  this alt was created around the same time he was banned.

It makes him even more pathetic of person. An adult getting banned on a football message board for being racist and continuing to come back. Seek therapy, douche. 

45 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

My biggest take away from that article is that a helluva lot more than 1.7 million people in the U.S. have or had this virus.

I would tend to agree with this. Lots of people who were sick in Jan/Feb like I was can’t help but wonder. 

4 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I would tend to agree with this. Lots of people who were sick in Jan/Feb like I was can’t help but wonder. 

That was well before test kits were readily available too.  I've seen a clinical study saying nearly 40% of COVID-19 patients were asymptomatic, but going back to the cruise ship article where a real life setting unfolded and 80% of the positive cases were asymptomatic????  Extrapolate that out and there's a sh!t-ton of people out there that never knew they even had it!  The magical variable in this is how many people in America have likely got exposed to this virus and that will get you much closer to the true number of cases.  Again, the 1.7 million confirmed cases is likely no where close the actual number of infected people considering asymptomatic folks range from 40%-80%.

• Pie 1

Sweden has the highest coronavirus death rate in the world – and it’s getting even worse

Sweden adopted a 'herd immunity' plan that uses more relaxed measures to control coronavirus, but a survey by the government found only 7.3 percent of people in Stockholm had developed the antibodies needed to fight the disease by late April.

30 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Sweden adopted a 'herd immunity' plan that uses more relaxed measures to control coronavirus, but a survey by the government found only 7.3 percent of people in Stockholm had developed the antibodies needed to fight the disease by late April.

A survey?  I wonder how accurate a survey can be?  Who did they survey, the health clinics or people themselves?  Either way, that's a horrible measure of people who have the antibodies because they are probably going off of submitted tests results.  As mentioned previously, if people don't know they are sick, why would they take a COVID-19 test?  Typically they don't.

The only way we will ever get a true measure is if the government sends out saliva kit and people return it like they would a census form in the mail and hopefully get 90%+ compliance.  Anything less is sticking your finger in the wind and taking an educated guess, but a guess no less.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1

6 hours ago, 4Corners said:

this made me lol, if only you knew.