• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

5 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

Working from home is horrible. It sucks bad. You can never get anything done because you have children running around, and too much noise. I get 3x done at work, than I do at home. Work is a mini vacation to me. However, for some people it is the opposite. I have not been able to do any virtual meetings, because I cannot get the time to be alone, with no noise, completely focused. 

I know how you feel.  I’d be in a meeting with my office door closed and my kid would stay on the other side and either do stupid faces or throw ball against the glass door.  I feel bad for them as they starving for attention as well.

15 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

I know how you feel.  I’d be in a meeting with my office door closed and my kid would stay on the other side and either do stupid faces or throw ball against the glass door.  I feel bad for them as they starving for attention as well.

I just spent $1500 buying them a playground for the backyard. Once it gets put together, hopefully that keeps them busy. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Devil Doc said:

Working from home is horrible. It sucks bad. You can never get anything done because you have children running around, and too much noise. I get 3x done at work, than I do at home. Work is a mini vacation to me. However, for some people it is the opposite. I have not been able to do any virtual meetings, because I cannot get the time to be alone, with no noise, completely focused. 

1 hour ago, Ja Rhule said:

where the fug is the mrs at?

my kids are all hers during work hours, F that.

4 minutes ago, GOAT said:

where the fug is the mrs at?

my kids are all hers during work hours, F that.

Unless your wife is Mary Poppins there a limits to how much small children can be entertained/occupied while stuck at home for almost 2+ months.  These posts hit me in the feels, I cannot wait to be back in the office. 

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, Ounce said:

Unless your wife is Mary Poppins there a limits to how much small children can be entertained/occupied while stuck at home for almost 2+ months.  These posts hit me in the feels, I cannot wait to be back in the office. 

Well yeah, but I still get my poo done. 1 year old and 6 year old.

Idk, different strokes for different folks I guess. This whole thing may have turned me into a remote worker for good.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/07/us/new-york-city-coronavirus-outbreak.html

Over all, Dr. Grubaugh estimated, infections spreading from New York account for 60 to 65 percent of the sequenced viruses across the country.

“New York acted as the Grand Central Station for this virus, with the opportunity to move from there in so many directions, to so many places,” said David Engelthaler, head of the infectious disease branch of the Translational Genomics Research Institute in Arizona.

It's time to stop this charade of propping Governor Cuomo up as some type of national hero in this pandemic. New York did a terrible job of handling their outbreak and their terrible job largely led to the national outbreak. If you want a national hero, I'd look toward the west coast where those states and major cities did MUCH better jobs containing their own outbreaks.

1 hour ago, Ounce said:

40 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Well yeah, but I still get my poo done. 1 year old and 6 year old.

Idk, different strokes for different folks I guess. This whole thing may have turned me into a remote worker for good.

I have a 9 month old, who cries everytime you leave the room. I have an 8 yo that has ADHD, hard to keep him occupied, then I have a 5 yo nephew. They play with neighborhood kids, however, they always tromping in the house. They will also know I am busy, and bother me because they can. It is tough on my wife. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, stirs said:

Yep

Quest $119

Have to visit one of their labs, make appt and pay online, come in with mask, they call your name, get results via internet.

Feel like my wife had it because of her symptoms.  Thinking/hoping I was the asymptomatic carrier where she caught it(something).  I have been in and out and she never left home.

Will advise

Supposedly those are not very accurate. They scrapped them here after round one of nasal swabs.

16 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

I have a 9 month old, who cries everytime you leave the room. I have an 8 yo that has ADHD, hard to keep him occupied, then I have a 5 yo nephew. They play with neighborhood kids, however, they always tromping in the house. They will also know I am busy, and bother me because they can. It is tough on my wife. 

Every family has its own dynamics.  My kid is pretty independent and let's me be.  Its my wife that can't seem to understand that I'm trying to work.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

Every family has its own dynamics.  My kid is pretty independent and let's me be.  Its my wife that can't seem to understand that I'm trying to work.

Mine too. Right up until you get on the phone. Then she's craving your undivided attention. I was just talking to my neighbor the other day who also has a four year old daughter (their birthdays are only a couple of weeks apart) and he's dealing with the same thing, so maybe it's just a this age thing.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Supposedly those are not very accurate. They scrapped them here after round one of nasal swabs.

Actually, I thought it was going to be a finger prick.  Turned out that it was a vile.  Supposedly 99% accurate for Covid 19.  Asked about the finger prick and she said their accuracy was in the 80 something %  accuracy.

Will know something Tues/Wed next week

Thankful I don't have to work from home.  Tried it out one day and didn't like it.  It was more of a control thing for me though, not the actual home environment as my kids and my wife were cognisant that I was working and not there to play.

On 5/6/2020 at 8:15 PM, stirs said:

The government and people chasing government handouts of billions, would never do anything shady. C'mon

Neither would the multi-millionaires cashing in said government handouts, claiming to employ those without jobs.

Edited by philit99

22 minutes ago, philit99 said:

Neither would the multi-millionaires cashing in said government handouts, claiming to employ those without jobs.

The small businesses, mom and pop stores that are struggling and about to go under - they really should be mad at trump and the government bailing out all these bullshit corporations. 

• Poo 3