• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

47 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The south is gonna be a problem. At least out here we have a high education rate, etc. I think the majority of people will listen. The south... oh wee mayne. 

So you live in a state that wants to open up everything, but our governor is exercising caution, and you're the educated group? This is as bad as racism, and will not be tolerated.

Edited by cookinbrak

1 minute ago, cookinbrak said:

So you live in a state that wants to open up everything, but our governor is exercising caution, and you're the educated group? This is as bad as racism, and will not be tolerate.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Colorado isn't "opening up everything".

As for the education statement, it's based on factual data. Colorado is second in the nation in percentage of the adult population with a bachelor's degree or higher at 41%. 

Louisiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, and Arkansas are 4 of the bottom 5. West Virginia is the 5th and many lump it in as a southern state as well. So either 80% or 100% of the five least educated states in the nation are southern. NC is the third highest educated southern state behind Virginia (7th, 38.2%) and Georgia (25th, 30.7%) at 26th (30.5%).

The problem is insecure, right wing whites. Sorry if this offends you. This demographic has proven time and time again that they are the ones having problems following the rules during this pandemic. The right wing governors and law makers have been the ones pushing people to break the rules and even suggesting dying for the economy. I know this is hard for some of you to accept. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

The problem is insecure, right wing whites. Sorry if this offends you. This demographic has proven time and time again that they are the ones having problems following the rules during this pandemic. The right wing governors and law makers have been the ones pushing people to break the rules and even suggesting dying for the economy. I know this is hard for some of you to accept. 

I don't think it's that simple. The numbers among blacks are sky high, comparatively speaking. The problem isn't a racial issue as much as it is an educational/ideological issue.

1 hour ago, jfra78 said:

I dont think its as much education as it is personal freedoms that many southerners arent willing to compromise.  But when I go out I see many wearing masks using hand gel and keeping social distance, so I think the message has hit home with the majority of people at least where I live.  

Bingo.  Its one of the reasons why I choose to live in the "south."  About a month ago I remember getting into a discussion with a family member (who lives in Cleveland, not that its relevant).  He was commenting that if they can get a full lockdown in LA and NY, that means they can lock down anywhere.  Those were the ultimate tests.  I kindly informed him that those were NOT the ultimate tests.  If you want a real fight on your hands, its not coming in LA or NY.  Its coming in the south.  I think I said something like "try it in LA and then try it in Knoxville, Tennessee and you come back and tell me which one was harder to lock down." 

32 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think it's that simple. The numbers among blacks are sky high, comparatively speaking. The problem isn't a racial issue as much as it is an educational/ideological issue.

I don't see it as an "educational" issue.  There are plenty of dumb fudges with no clue that are perfectly happy to be locked up to infinity.  

Just now, Wes21 said:

I don't see it as an "educational" issue.  There are plenty of dumb fudges with no clue that are perfectly happy to be locked up to infinity.  

Uneducated people only think about THEIR rights right NOW. Educated people understand that just because you CAN do something doesn't mean that you SHOULD.

40 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don’t mean which race or ethnicity is dying more frequently - I am talking about sections of our society that are ready and willing to blatantly disregard the law about social distancing and disrespect the front line workers. 

I don’t mean which race or ethnicity is dying more frequently - I am talking about sections of our society that are ready and willing to blatantly disregard the law about social distancing and disrespect the front line workers. 

I think that's highly likely to be reflected in the overall numbers. 

52 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You have no idea what you're talking about. Colorado isn't "opening up everything".

As for the education statement, it's based on factual data. Colorado is second in the nation in percentage of the adult population with a bachelor's degree or higher at 41%. 

Louisiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, and Arkansas are 4 of the bottom 5. West Virginia is the 5th and many lump it in as a southern state as well. So either 80% or 100% of the five least educated states in the nation are southern. NC is the third highest educated southern state behind Virginia (7th, 38.2%) and Georgia (25th, 30.7%) at 26th (30.5%).

I'm stunned not to see SC on that list of bottom five. Our education department's motto for the longest time was "thank god for Mississippi" because in most rankings we were 49th and Mississippi 50th. 

Hey let’s look at the good news.  There have been virtually zero deaths from pneumonia or the flu since COVID-19 came to town!

If Trump were to change the payouts to $5 per COVID-19 patient, and $35K for someone who died of a raging case of Syphilis, we would be finding ourselves under a Syphilis pandemic.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I think that's highly likely to be reflected in the overall numbers. 

I also agree that education is playing a part in some people’s struggle with reality. Those morons marching up to capital buildings protesting with their assault rifles and bullet proof vests and bandannas - id be surprised if half of them have anything more than a high school degree. 

I also agree that education is playing a part in some people’s struggle with reality. Those morons marching up to capital buildings protesting with their assault rifles and bullet proof vests and bandannas - id be surprised if half of them have anything more than a high school degree. 

I think you know that I'm a fairly strong 2A supporter, but these morons you speak of are honestly the greatest threat to the 2nd Amendment. It goes back to my previous post - just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I think you know that I'm a fairly strong 2A supporter, but these morons you speak of are honestly the greatest threat to the 2nd Amendment. It goes back to my previous post - just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Imagine if that had been a group of blacks or Hispanics marching like a small militia. You know what would have happened and how it would have been portrayed. Any responsible firearm owner should be insulted that those gun weirdos chose to open carry like that. There was no place for it.  Gun nuts are just insecure white guys with small wee wees.