• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bradberry Aiming for 15 mil

ncfan

Current CB's on the roster:

Donte Jackson 

Corn Elder

Dominique Hatfield 

Natrell Jamerson 

Re-signing Bradberry will be 1st priority for Hurney. J-Rodrigue has already said we were attempting to negotiate with Bradberry and Tre Boston. Apparently the new CBA has stalled any re-signings around the league for every team. 

Sources: Top free agent CB James Bradberry engaged with Washington, other teams

After four years, James Bradberry’s time with the Carolina Panthers could be coming to an end, as multiple sources told The Athletic it doesn’t appear as though the team intends to use its franchise tag on its 2016 second-round pick. The Panthers are set to begin a massive rebuild under recently hired coach Matt Rhule and has several positions of need it is attempting to address with free agency and the 2020 NFL Draft looming.

While both sides were engaged in preliminary talks last season, those conversations still haven’t resumed with free agency around the corner, thus giving the impression that Bradberry and the Panthers will soon part ways, as paying just above $16 million on a tag for a player who’d likely walk the following offseason makes no sense for Carolina.

https://theathletic.com/1641736/2020/02/29/sources-top-free-agent-cb-james-bradberry-engaged-with-washington-other-teams/

50 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

You're right bro.. Let's just suck.. Fully. There is no need to keep Cam.. Or anybody who is overpaid for their production... Play Grier don't sign a dam thing other than 1 year deals.  Plan to be competitive in 2024.. See you then..

The Panthers already suck. Fully. And you seem to want it to continue by throwing away money to finish 6-10 at best. Have fun with that. I sure won’t be here then. I’ll be watching Cams new team and the Steelers. Happily. 

It's well established only certain names on the huddle are players worth building around even if we suck and are rebuilding the next several years.

For all the talk about "those" fans the last ten years, it sure seems there are new agendas at play. Especially when discussing devalued positions other teams are thriving with on the cheap.

3 hours ago, WOW!! said:

I want this same energy when Cmac comes up soon.. Like red says.. 

1. Easily replaceable position..

2. A lowered value position with not much prime years left..

3. 1000 and 1000 still didn't help 7 game losing streak and a below avg. Offense...

4. Not smart to overpay RB's. 

We should have the same opinion for Cmac

Good news for you then, you’re gonna see it. It’s got nothing to do with paying the player. It’s got everything to do with the situation the team is in.

If we were coming off a 10-11 win season last year, 85% of this board would be willing to pay him 15 mil. 

But we suck. We will likely suck more this season than we did last season on defense. We still don’t know if Cam can get through a whole season and even if he can, will our Oline hold up for him?

If Cmac was a FA asking for astronomical numbers, I would say let him walk. You give huge contracts when you are close. You don’t give huge contracts the same season you start an entire rebuild. 

By the team we are competitive again, JB is gonna be 30+ and a step slower and everyone will be saying “we can cut JB next season and save ourself x in cap space” blah blah blah

So why even fugging do that?

32 minutes ago, PantherBoy95 said:

The one thing that I haven't seen brought up in this thread (in the first 3 pages, I won't read all 8 lol)
When you all say don't pay him...are you considering who we are in a division with as far as QB/WR duos??

I get this and see the point, but if the "plan" is to be bad...not re-signing him obviously helps us. Not to mention, next year is probably the last of Brees.  Ryan/Julio are getting up there in age and leaving their primes in the next year or two (with some cap/contract issues on the horizon in Ryan's case, potentially). Tampa Bay is a wildcard with their great WRs, but who's their QB?  The NFC South as we have known it, is potentially going to look a lot different in a year or two.  The Saints could struggle in life post-Brees, and the Falcons are following our blueprint of being on the downswing after losing the SB. 

Archived