• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bradberry Aiming for 15 mil

ncfan

2 hours ago, Pantherzack179812 said:

"Rebuilding year," Let's suck while paying 19 million to let Cam get killed. How is it fair? He can't prove himself on a terrible football team. 

You obviously don’t understand what Cam needs to prove. We aren’t measuring him on wins and losses. We already know he can lead a team to a SB. He needs to prove his arm can go a full season without falling apart. And a CB isn’t gonna make a difference one way or the other 

14 hours ago, TheRed said:

I get why people are apprehensive.

But let's be real. It's easy to say let our top CB walk in February. When Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, and whoever the Bucs QB ends up being are abusing our secondary at record pace, fans will be singing a different tune no doubt.

I agree let’s be real. How many of you cam fans are going to be livid because we can’t afford a more quality oline FA prospect because the money was spent on Bradberry. He wants to be paid the most of any Cb in the league...it’s really kind of a no brained to not sign him and invest somewhere else.

16 hours ago, Bama Panther said:

I hate this idea of "resetting the market" every year. Just because one guy got X in free agency last year does not mean a different guy should get X+ this year. I understand a player's desire to get as much as he can, but I don't understand the owners/GMs caving to those demands just because it is a new year.

Right now, according to overthecap.com, there is one cornerback making move $15M or more a year. ONE. There are only six making north of $14M. There are only thirteen making $12M+.

Bradberry is not one of the top 13 CBs in the league and should not be paid like one of the top three. I agree with the notion that he has the Panthers over the barrel, but overpaying is how Hurney got the team into the salary cap mess it was in when he was fired his first go around. He cannot make the same mistakes again, or the rebuild will be demolished before it can even get going.

Yet you don't understand basic economics.  

6 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Yet you don't understand basic economics.  

No. I understand basic economics, including inflation and the salary cap coinciding with a yearly increase in new contracts. I also know that those two things aren’t enough to push someone not in the top 15-ish CBs in the league to being one of the highest paid. 

Not worth it. You don't give top dollar to mediocre players just because they are a little better than what you have. You give top dollar to players that have proved their worth and have shown they will continue playing at a high level. Bradberry is a mediocre player and hugely overrated on this forum.

Archived