• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bradberry Aiming for 15 mil

ncfan

5 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

I can see paying Bradberry 12 milllion tops. What would it cost to franchise him this year and meanwhile try working out a suitable deal?

CB Franchise was $16M last year. Projected to be $16.4M for 2020. They usually set the value around now but maybe the CBA is going to hold that up.

7 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Franchise tag him. Would hate to lose him but $15 mill per is TOO MUCH and I could see some team like the Jets giving it to him. 

Then Bradberry would teleport to Herniays office and sign the tag, thus removing 16,400,000 form the low cap space of 35-ish million. If you add draft picks, the panthers would have about 10 million to fill about 12 spots.....Be prepared for UDFAs starting and many top back-ups being the same.   A NFL size mess. 

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Then Bradberry would teleport to Herniays office and sign the tag, thus removing 16,400,000 form the low cap space of 35-ish million. If you add draft picks, the panthers would have about 10 million to fill about 12 spots.....Be prepared for UDFAs starting and many top back-ups being the same.   A NFL size mess. 

I hate when people say 16,000,000. It doesn't work that way, that is your gross savings, Net is what you pay after you pay a new player. Like everyone is praising the idea of cutting Poe to save the 9 million from him, but then you have to pay another DT, amounting to saving 2-3 at best. Josh Norman could fetch 7-8 million, if we bet on the idea of him coming back, then we netted 8,400,000 in savings by risking our defense on Josh Norman. 

6 minutes ago, Pantherzack179812 said:

I hate when people say 16,000,000. It doesn't work that way, that is your gross savings, Net is what you pay after you pay a new player. Like everyone is praising the idea of cutting Poe to save the 9 million from him, but then you have to pay another DT, amounting to saving 2-3 at best. Josh Norman could fetch 7-8 million, if we bet on the idea of him coming back, then we netted 8,400,000 in savings by risking our defense on Josh Norman. 

I understand and have stated that before about paying the replacement. That signed tag is guaranteed money, thats why I said he would teleport. The minimum salary is around 500,000. I have no idea whom could replace Bradberry at a lower salary and maintain his play level. Thats the NFL, finding cost efficient players. Thats why a rookie QB playing at a high level is the most value thing in all of sports, by far. Bradberry at 15 per is the opposite of that. (for this current team)     

33 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I understand and have stated that before about paying the replacement. That signed tag is guaranteed money, thats why I said he would teleport. The minimum salary is around 500,000. I have no idea whom could replace Bradberry at a lower salary and maintain his play level. Thats the NFL, finding cost efficient players. Thats why a rookie QB playing at a high level is the most value thing in all of sports, by far. Bradberry at 15 per is the opposite of that. (for this current team)     

That's true on one hand, but if you make that choice, you have to have a backup plan. 

If Matt Rhule did not blow smoke, to get Cam out on that field on a 1 year deal, the Panthers are going to have to make some scary decisions in terms of kicking the can. He is not going to run out when some teams wouldn't give a 2nd rounder for him and go 3-13... You can't have a rebuild and Cam. Hence why I think Bradberry stays.

10 hours ago, TheRed said:

I get why people are apprehensive.

But let's be real. It's easy to say let our top CB walk in February. When Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, and whoever the Bucs QB ends up being are abusing our secondary at record pace, fans will be singing a different tune no doubt.

They already do. Bradberry isnt a game changer. Let his ass walk and draft akudah.

3 hours ago, Happy Panther said:

CB Franchise was $16M last year. Projected to be $16.4M for 2020. They usually set the value around now but maybe the CBA is going to hold that up.

Well i guess it l looks like a $16.4M Franchise tag is out of the question. No way is he worth that and and no way can we afford to pay him that amount.

Archived