• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

30 for 30

scpanther22

Saw the Greek one last night. This stuff has been outstanding. Im a docu nerd. Love learning something I don't know.

As for Bias. I missed that one. I was a huge fan of his growing up. To the point I bought some red Cons to play hoops in. I remember that amazing one man show in the Dean Dome.

My whole family is big into sports and they became fans of Bias.

A couple of days after getting back from Myrtle Beach for first week my mom calls me at about 10 am on June 19th.

First words out of her mouth, did you hear that Bias died? I was shocked. I watched tv the entire day waiting for someone to say it was a joke but it wasn't.

My friends and I said for years what Bill Simmons said. No doubt they would have gotten a few more rings with Bias in the lineup.

If you can ever find some footage go find the game of Marlyand vs UNLV(or another west coast team) in the NCCA's. Second round I think. Dude catches an alley oop from midcourt, and slams over two guys, with his BACK TO THE BASKET!!

Saw the Greek one last night. This stuff has been outstanding. Im a docu nerd. Love learning something I don't know.

As for Bias. I missed that one. I was a huge fan of his growing up. To the point I bought some red Cons to play hoops in. I remember that amazing one man show in the Dean Dome.

My whole family is big into sports and they became fans of Bias.

A couple of days after getting back from Myrtle Beach for first week my mom calls me at about 10 am on June 19th.

First words out of her mouth, did you hear that Bias died? I was shocked. I watched tv the entire day waiting for someone to say it was a joke but it wasn't.

My friends and I said for years what Bill Simmons said. No doubt they would have gotten a few more rings with Bias in the lineup.

If you can ever find some footage go find the game of Marlyand vs UNLV(or another west coast team) in the NCCA's. Second round I think. Dude catches an alley oop from midcourt, and slams over two guys, with his BACK TO THE BASKET!!

Since you were such a fan, you really need to look up and watch the Bias one.

Jimmy the Greek actually didn't use a slur. He used a whole paragraph without slurs but with something worse in today's PC world.

He said that black athletes were better because slave owners bred them to be that way a century before. He was drunk at a bar when he said it.

This is why people were upset that Dusty Baker didn't even get a slap on the wrist when a couple of years ago he told a reporter that blacks were better baseball players in the daytime because the sun reflected off their skin.

Gotta bump this one......anyone see the 30 for 30 last night on Jimmy "The Greek" ? I actually liked this one better than the Bias one. They just keep out doing themselves each week.

I remember Jimmy The Greek as a kid and also remember when he got in trouble for the racial slur but I had no idea that he lived such a pathetic life after that and died penniless. Sad story.

Jimmy was a Eunuch?

Jimmy the Greek actually didn't use a slur. He used a whole paragraph without slurs but with something worse in today's PC world.

He said that black athletes were better because slave owners bred them to be that way a century before. He was drunk at a bar when he said it.

This is why people were upset that Dusty Baker didn't even get a slap on the wrist when a couple of years ago he told a reporter that blacks were better baseball players in the daytime because the sun reflected off their skin.

using the word "slur" was easier than typing that explanation up.

Not sure where he was when he said it but it was during a taped interview. Wasn't like he just said it in a bar and someone over heard him.

He also said that if blacks were allowed to become owners then there would be nothing left in sports for the white people.

using the word "slur" was easier than typing that explanation up.

Not sure where he was when he said it but it was during a taped interview. Wasn't like he just said it in a bar and someone over heard him.

He also said that if blacks were allowed to become owners then there would be nothing left in sports for the white people.

Forgot about the second part. And the bar must have been when he punched out Brent Musburger that one time.

Yeah, that happened in a bar. Basically Musberger called him out for whining about losing airtime to a female and the Greek nailed him. Reporter happened to be in the bar at the time.

One of his last picks was Rams 20, Bears 17 in the NFC Championship game in 1985. Bears won, 24-0. Funny thing is the teams played again in Chicago the next year. Score? Rams 20, Bears 17.

Archived