• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

30 for 30

scpanther22

Loved the Bias one the best so far. Such a wasted talent and seemed like such a great kid. I think I was 13 or so at the time but I do remember where I was when I heard the news. I didn't know his brother was murdered also. Can't even imagine the pain the parents went through.

30 for 30 is the best thing ESPN has put together in a long time. I also love their E60 show.

Thank goodness they are rebroadcasting "Without Bias." I completely forgot about it and watched Batman last night (I regret nothing).

I'm not a religious man, but if I did believe in a being with a higher purpose, I'd be inclined to believe that he took Bias from us as a cautionary tale to student athletes; that you have been blessed with talent and fame and riches, but if you live a life without humility, it can all be taken away from you in a heartbeat.

As a Maryland alum, the Bias story means a lot to me. And the most tragic thing of all is that student athletes still haven't gotten the message. Which means Bias died for nothing.

My non-sexual man-crush Bill Simmons has a pretty fascinating theory about what Bias would have done to the NBA had he not died.

He theorizes that Bias would have re-energized the aging Celtics, particularly Bird, Parrish and McHale, taken away some of their minutes so they would have been more rested for the playoffs, and added at least another championship to their trophy case. Instead, it deflated the whole franchise, made everyone, including Auerbach, retire early, and the Celtics basically went into a 23 year down-ward spiral.

He also thinks that with Bias, Jordan would have had a true rival in the sport for his career as opposed to a bunch of guys he just systematically murdered for 14 years in a row and subequently got bored with so to make it exciting he started betting on anything and everything, thus getting forced for a few years to leave to play baseball.

I'm not a religious man, but if I did believe in a being with a higher purpose, I'd be inclined to believe that he took Bias from us as a cautionary tale to student athletes; that you have been blessed with talent and fame and riches, but if you live a life without humility, it can all be taken away from you in a heartbeat.

The show kind of implies that also.....mom seemed to know it was coming.

Gotta bump this one......anyone see the 30 for 30 last night on Jimmy "The Greek" ? I actually liked this one better than the Bias one. They just keep out doing themselves each week.

I remember Jimmy The Greek as a kid and also remember when he got in trouble for the racial slur but I had no idea that he lived such a pathetic life after that and died penniless. Sad story.

Dammit. I keep missing these. And I forgot to watch the recast of "Without Bias." Well I didn't so much forget as much as I was at my girlfriend's house and TV was the last thing on my mind. REGARDLESS! I need to get a DVR; expect a thread in "Nerdvana" soon if you have any advice.

Archived