• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Risen

natty

What a disappointing game. I'm about 1/2 way through the last chapter and just don't even want to play anymore. For every awesome thing about the game theres something that's even more bad.

The lighting and ambiance is awesome. Music is very fitting. But out of nowhere it will turn dark while you're far away from somewhere to rest. It'll get so dark you can't see anything until you have 5 things attacking you.

The combat system is great - timing your attacks, studying your opponent and dodging, laying down a big hit at the right time, each opponent fights differently - but at every level opponents do too much damage, there's not enough variety in what you fight. By the end it's just lizardman after lizardman - elite lizard man, undead lizardman, priest lizardman. If you create a mage character, then you just max out fireball and click click click dead. All they needed to do was decrease magic damage and decrease monster damage and the combat system would be near perfect. And chugging potions left and right was quite annoying.

I think overall it's a good game but they fuged it up in the end. Too many times the game just leaves you wondering what to do - I'd understand what needs to be done and even look it up online to confirm, but it ends up something stupid and trivial that I missed like not clicking on this or that. When first playing the game I though it'd be awesome but towards the end it just got stale.

Archived