• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2012 looks like the worst movie ever

John Fox

It's just something to play on/increase the fear factor of the 2012 stuff... I saw a preview for it during Paranormal Activity that said something along the lines of "Civilizations around the world have predicted it... Science has confirmed it..." and showed a graphic of all the planets lining up...

Out of curiosity, I ran that date through a sky/star movement simulator, and guess what, the planets don't line up... As such, Science has confirmed nothing...

As far as the concept and idea goes, one can only hope religious/overly tinfoil-hatterish people buy into the hype and off themselves in a moment of terror of impending doom... While the rest of us continue to live each day without fear of the supernatural....

As far as the movie is concerned, meh... I'll probably see it for the effects if nothing else...

its coming to TV

Roland Emmerich, the director/producer of the apocalyptic film 2012 (opening Nov. 13), confirmed to EW exclusively that a small-screen version of the end-of-the-world movie is already in the works. Emmerich said there was “plenty to do in a TV show” and that 2012 executive producer Howard Gordon – who’s also an exec producer on TV shows like Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice - would be attached.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/11/04/2012-tv-planned/

Archived