• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I give to you - Carolina Panthers best case scenerio 2020

Jeremy Igo

I think the o-line drastically improves with Daley and Little getting healthy and another year on their belt. Top pick will probably be a tackle too. If that happens I think 9-7, 10-6 is doable.  I also think it's time we take another stab at getting a big body WR.

8-8 might be the likeliest, but it’s definitely not the best case scenario.  Best case scenario is Newton is prime Newton again with his best #1 WR since Smith.  That would be capable of making it to the playoffs if everything went in our favor, which is what a best case scenario is all about. 

5 hours ago, jbland said:

I would prefer to go 2-14 as long as we are competing and fighting every game. 

That would make for a very, very long season.

But in reality, modern history says that if we don't make a run in the first 2 years of Rhule's tenure...its probably not going to happen.  There are some outliers in the modern era who were given 3rd seasons and it paid off (most who didn't succeed in the first 2 seasons also failed in the 3rd season).  I can't find anyone in modern era football who took 4 seasons, so any team giving a losing coach a 4th season was just pissing up a rope.

7 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

7. The young Carolina Panthers finish around 8-8 but show improvement and lots of fire as the season goes on, as opposed to the opposite of we have grown to expect. 

8. 2021 becomes a year we start eyeing a wild card spot. 

That's just not how this franchise operates.  We are either hot or cold.  8-8 just isn't in our DNA.  We win 11 games or 5.  Flip a coin.  

With Cam back in the fold that should improve us the 3 games over last year.  Add in a bonus win for young coaching staff and we got a winning season out the gate.  

or

We take a giant bite of the poo sandwich and everything falls apart.

12 hours ago, Daeavorn said:

Based on what I've heard Rhule say, he is going to focus on the defense first. Don't be surprised if they don't draft OL. Its probably gonna look very similar to a Rivera draft.

It's going to continue to look like a Rivera/Fox/Rhule draft until we get rid of Marty "I'm only concerned about round 1" Hurney. 

Best case scenario is something akin to San Francisco's year, going from 4-12 to Super Bowl. If we get back a truly healthy Cam, pick several instant contributors in the draft, sign a couple solid free agents, see a leap forward from some of our young guys, and Rhule proves to be a coaching genius, it's not impossible to imagine we could follow the San Fran blueprint. Highly improbable, sure, but we are talking best case scenario. 

Archived