• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I give to you - Carolina Panthers best case scenerio 2020

Jeremy Igo

43 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I will throw a huddle party full of free booze and pie. 

I was told there would be free booze and because this is the interwebz I ignored any other information or context.

Booze now plz.

Glenlivet Winchester. Neat plz.

http://www.melandrose.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=91571&vfsku=91571&vfsku=91571&gpla=pla&gclid=Cj0KCQiA7OnxBRCNARIsAIW53B-x66ut2V5D9BLfSNJ513Su-JzK9DVerxkd88DwbKpJVS7cnseOO1saAsRIEALw_wcB

Your conclusion does not logically follow your premises. Cam comes back healthy, we give him a strong offensive line, Rhule has a relatively seamless transition to the pros, a couple key players on defense step up big time, and that equals an 8-8 *at best* season? Cam healthy with a strong o-line alone puts us in playoff contention.

Cam stays and succeeds

Greg Little looks like a franchise LT with no injuries

Paradis improves to a solid center after a full year recovery from broken leg

Moore and Samuel put up the numbers they've been hyped to.

CMC continues to dominate

Offense is top 5.

Shaq takes leadership and produces good numbers

JB is retained

Burns adds weight but keeps speed and has a great season

KK is healthy and plays well

Jackson corrects course and is a complimentary CB 2.

We draft a day one stud on interior d-line.

We add another solid LB.

We're in the playoffs

4 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Your conclusion does not logically follow your premises. Cam comes back healthy, we give him a strong offensive line, Rhule has a relatively seamless transition to the pros, a couple key players on defense step up big time, and that equals an 8-8 *at best* season? Cam healthy with a strong o-line alone puts us in playoff contention.

You underestimate how awful our defense will be this season. 

32 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I think it is for certain. New coach, new scheme, young team with a severe lack of player leadership. 

FWIW, a lot of new HC’s lately have had early success... Goff, LaFleur, Nagy, etc. I don’t think Rhule is a flash in the pan like those guys and I think he’ll build his way up to sustained success, but I wouldn’t rule out a playoff appearance this year just because he’s a new HC coming from college...

Having Cam Newton start any games for this team next season does not mean the Panthers are rebuilding. Having a QB as talented as him while going through a huge top to bottom organizational transition is a half measure that would only stall a true rebuild.

Either try to win with Cam next season or move on from him. We can’t have it both ways.

58 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

An update to Jeremy's Best Case Scenario. Changes in bold.

Hello and welcome to Best Case Scenerio!

1. Cam Newton plays, stays healthy, and is signed to an extension. The next 5 years are spent with a true franchise QB. 

2. The Panthers trade back in the draft with Oakland, picking up picks #12 and #19. 

3. The Panthers draft a IOL in day 2 of the draft, who helps solidify the OLine. Paradis is a year removed from surgery and has used the offseason to strengthen. Little shows vast improvement and the line looks better than it has since 2015. 

4. CMC is traded for a 1st and 3rd round pick this year and a 1st round pick in 2021, giving the Panthers THREE first round picks in this year's draft. The Panthers draft a RB day 3 of the draft and have a running-back-by-committee similar to the Patriots. 

5. With three 1st round picks, the Panthers go DL, S, CB.

6. Rhule's NFL learning curve is a relative short one, and the Carolina Panthers start to resemble an actual NFL team again by October.

7. Shaq Thompson somehow starts to perform at the level they pay him and becomes a leader on defense. A FA signing helps sodify the LB core.

8. Donte Jackson becomes more consistent and lessens the upcoming likely loss of Bradberry, The 1st round draft pick at corner gives the Panthers one of the top CB tandems in the league. Coupled with the new safety, the Panthers secondary becomes the strength of the defense.

9. Ian Thomas shows improvement and athleticism. Day 2 draft pick at TE also contributes.

10. KK returns from injury and joins one of the Panthers three 1st round draft choices in shoring up the DLine.

11. The young Carolina Panthers show improvement as the year goes along and challenge for a wild-card spot, falling just short. 

12. 2021 becomes a year we start eyeing a wild card spot. 

50 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I think it is for certain. New coach, new scheme, young team with a severe lack of player leadership. 

Let’s say everything else happens. Would you consider let’s say a 4-12 or less to meet the the requirement. Given that Rhule tends to bomb his first season anywhere? 

Archived