• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade back?

SmokinwithWilly

IMO the draft comes down to Okudah, Brown or one of the offensive tackles. I never could see Marty trading down because the Panthers were in a win now mode and that wasn't Rivera's style. Now that we are most likely in a complete rebuild mode I do see the trade down as a possibility but it is not for the position that we think. IF we trade down for extra picks I think we would end up taking a chance on a QB like Love or Eason. So in the 12/19 scenario, I see taking a QB at 12 so they could pick the one they want (which will piss everyone off) and then at 19 pick their BPA. We have so many holes they can justify anything but I wouldn't be surprised with the best LB available being Murray or even Patrick Queen if he runs well at the combine. 

I personally would not like this approach. I wouldn't want to give up our 2nd for 2 guys that could be good when we have potential difference makers available. Choose Brown, Okudah, Simmons, Thomas, Willis, Wirfs in that order. Only reason I have Simmons over the offensive tackles is that the draft is deeper at lineman that good sideline to sideline 3 down linebacker. Also Brown over Okudah because our run defense has sucked the past 2 years even when healthy. Need to get younger and hungrier. 

Only way someone trades up to 7 is if a really good player is inexplicably not drafted, and in that case I think we're better off drafting him.

Now one thing I'd love to see is us do is continually trade back and stockpile 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounders.  Hurney is a lock to draft a pro bowl caliber player in the first round so trading way back isn't going to be a big deal.  After that, it's all a guess, but if he's got like 5 third round picks, he's bound to hit on one of them... OR, use them to trade back up into the high 2nd round... OOOOOR, use them to trade for a quality, proven player from another team.

Folks, I think I could be the GM of the Panthers.  Just sayin.

People just seem to keep forgetting, we have 2nd round picks invested at LT / RT and one we traded up for, & Daley considering the circumstances should provide most with optimism at OT depth. I would be very surprised if we took a tackle, I think the pick is Simmons, or Brown in my opinion, and trading back to add an additional 3rd in my opinion isn't worth it when you have an opportunity at a premium player at the top. 

There should be very good day two value at interior OL, I think that is where we see the investment. 

32 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

People just seem to keep forgetting, we have 2nd round picks invested at LT / RT and one we traded up for, & Daley considering the circumstances should provide most with optimism at OT depth. I would be very surprised if we took a tackle, I think the pick is Simmons, or Brown in my opinion, and trading back to add an additional 3rd in my opinion isn't worth it when you have an opportunity at a premium player at the top. 

There should be very good day two value at interior OL, I think that is where we see the investment. 

I'd add Okudah into that mix. If the Giants take Brown at #3, it's possible Okudah could slip to 7th.

Also agree that an early pick for an OLineman isn't necessary, although I would love to see them pick up Cushenberry in the 2nd round, if he's available then.

Archived