• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade back?

SmokinwithWilly

If we can trade down and ensure we still get Brown, Okudah, Simmons, Jeudy or whoever establishes themselves as the top tackle after the combine, be it Wills or Thomas, then sure. But I don't think you give up what is essentially a sure thing to roll the dice at 2 chances to hit on the next tier of players unless you get an outrageous offer. In your scenario, I'd be willing to trade down to 9 although I would ask for more compensation than Jax's 3rd. I assume you are going by the trade value chart but when you're dealing with top 10 picks, teams typically overpay to get a specific elite player. I could see Jacksonville springing up to grab Okudah to replace Ramsey.

I think it really depends who is there at 7. I think there are two players that are once a decade talents - Young and Okudah.  But if neither are there, I think we have so many needs and holes, that it would make sense for us to get more picks by moving back. I think we have to hope that Tua/Herbert is there at 7, the Raiders really want a QB, and they give us 12 and 19 for him. We then take the two best line prospects on the board.

I would also take 12 and next year's first.

I like the idea to trade with the Raiders. Maybe this means the Panthers don't get Brown, but Kinlaw looks like a good pick for the DLine. At 19, I could see taking Kenneth Murray to help fill out the LB corps.

It would likely cost us our second round pick, but we would have these two draft picks potentially locked up for an additional year at low cost.

The Raiders would want to play because they are known to have an eye on Jerry Jeudy or CeeDee Lamb, either of which could be gone at #12.

Simple answer yes.

Depending on what is offered.

If one of the top LT's fall, and he checks out, meaning they think he can be a plug and play, above average LT, then no, I wouldn't think of it.  However if there is doubt that he could start, or would possibly have to move inside, or to the RT position, then yes, I would trade back and start building the D and O Lines.

The one thing I would love to see, but we never do, is how many guys get a true 1st round grade, 2nd round grade, etc.

This would help a lot.  Maybe there are only 15 guys with a 1st round grade but 45 with a 2nd round grade.  In that case, maybe Indy at 13 comes up and we switch places, but gain an extra in the second.

Hard to figure at this point

Like I said before, the other thing that needs to be considered is Hurney's round 2 draft history. I want no part of that. I actually feel safer having Hurney draft twice in the first. Eric Shelton still makes me cringe.

I think the Raiders would have to give up more than 12 and 19, but that's the trade chart value. Either 12 and next years first or 12, 19 and a couple 3rds. The only guys they do that for are Okudah or a QB, maybe Brown if he's there. 

10 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

The only guys they do that for are Okudah or a QB, maybe Brown if he's there. 

The Raiders need a stud LB. They have spent a ton of picks on bad CBs. They also want a flashy WR for Gruden's offense. Their needs align exactly with Jacksonville's which makes this trade back highly plausible.

Competition for OTs is also interesting in this scenario. If one is taken early 1-6, then the Cards take one, the Browns and Jets will be desperate for the last elite OT. It won't be a great trade haul, but wouldn't be moving too far back either.

Archived