• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Defense Scheme

ericr0319

I am sorry if this was posted anywhere else already, but do we plan to stick with some form of a 3-4 defense or do we move back to 4-3. Prior to Luke retiring, I really wanted to go back to 4-3 because he leads the defense and he is better suited there, but now I am on board with working a 3-4 if we get the right pieces. 

In any event, does anyone know what the plan is moving forward? 

On the Missed Opportunities podcast they had Cody Alexander on there and he was the defensive GA for Baylor under Snow. He was talking about what they ran when he was there and what to expect with Snow, so he was thinking we’d have a sort of 3 down hybrid and run a lot of single high. It’s a great listen bc before Cody Alexander is Seth Galina who talks about Joe Brady and what to expect with his offense. Seth covers the Saints and LSU. S/O Billy Marshall with the Missed Opportunities podcast.   

I don't think we'll have an idea of the defense until we see the draft. The young group of defensive ends (Burns, Miller, Haynes) seems promising. I'd like to believe they'll run a 4-2-5 base with the defensive ends being put in the best position to succeed and getting as many reps as possible.

Panthers are probably gonna suck next year. Might as well get the most out of sucking. 

4 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

No clue.  I don't think you will get any idea until training camp.

Pretty much this. From the way Rhule and his team does things I think they look to see what we've got and build the system around them. 

Lots of personnel activity going to be going on between now and then.

7 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Pretty much this. From the way Rhule and his team does things I think they look to see what we've got and build the system around them. 

Lots of personnel activity going to be going on between now and then.

If that's the case it would be silly to move back to the 4-3. We have 3 really promising 3-4 rush ends. 

Archived