• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chiefs vs 49ers - Who you got?

Jeremy Igo

5 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

chefs - #5 pass attack

9ers - #1 pass defense 

9ers - #2 rush attack

chefs - #26 rush defense 

9ers can defend what the chefs do, chefs can’t defend what the 9ers do. 9ers win.

but if you dig a little deeper into the stats....

SF has faced only 5 top 10 pass attacks this season.   They only had success stopping the 2 pass attacks they faced very early on in the season (and those teams were largely viewed as dysfunctional and not rolling yet in the Bucs and Rams).  The two they stopped didn't' get rolling until later in the season. 

Last 3 offenses that featured top 10  (late in the season) pass attacks have averaged 30+ points vs the SF Defense.   

So yeah, I think KC can score 30 plus on SF.  I think SF can score on KC.  High scoring game and I generally side w/ the best QB.

The last few times a powerful offense has run up against an ass-stomping defense in the Super Bowl the defense decidedly won out.  The two that stick out in my mind were the Manning Broncos coached by John Fox and the 15-1 CaMVP Panthers coached by Ron/Mike Shula, and the man calling the plays for KC is about a light year out their league as an offensive mind, so I'm torn.  My gut says 49ers win by a weird score like 22-18.

3 hours ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

The last few times a powerful offense has run up against an ass-stomping defense in the Super Bowl the defense decidedly won out.  The two that stick out in my mind were the Manning Broncos coached by John Fox and the 15-1 CaMVP Panthers coached by Ron/Mike Shula, and the man calling the plays for KC is about a light year out their league as an offensive mind, so I'm torn.  My gut says 49ers win by a weird score like 22-18.

FWIW Chiefs had the better defense during the regular season in points allowed... Worse in yards allowed but Chiefs with Mahomes put up a ton of points quickly and don’t really control ToP so that’s expected. Niners kept their D off the field by running the ball a ton. Hard to commit to the run against Mahomes, as the Titans just learned. 

I really have no idea how this game will go though, these teams are just so different. The Niners remind me a bit of the Rams a year ago. Chiefs way better than those Pats but no Belichick. I’ll take Reid/Mahomes over Shanny/Jimmy G any day but the Niners talent on D is crazy. 

Only thing I’m convinced of is that it won’t be a 49ers blowout win. If Chiefs can go up early it could be ugly for the Niners as Jimmy G is not capable of playing catch-up without making bad mistakes. Otherwise I think it’ll be very close throughout with the Niners just trying to hold off the Chiefs O as much as they can before time runs out.

Archived