• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chiefs vs 49ers - Who you got?

Jeremy Igo

One of the more interesting Super Bowls in a while. Philosophical clash, KC is the new school throw the ball all over the place team without much defense. SF is the classic winning formula of run the ball well and play great defense. I think SF will win but I’m rooting for KC. 

Hard to say. Frankly, I thought the Packers were not a very good team so I can't read that much into that game. What worries me about the Chiefs is that they have quite sluggish to start off in their playoffs games. I'm not sure if they can afford to do that against the 49ers D. Of course, that D has had bad games this season. Finally, I have trouble trusting Andy Reid who has found ways in the past to blow his chances. 

Heart says Chiefs. Head says 49ers. 

Major wild card to me is Kelce.

I don't think that the 9ers secondary will have to cover Sammy and Hill nearly as long as most teams as the pass rush is ferocious.  If Hill and Sammy are catching passes, it will likely mean they are either short or behind the LOS, or the pass rush can't get to Mahommes.

I almost wonder if you put Sherman on Kelce, play man the whole game and give the CB's some help over the top and hope the pass rush gets home.  If they play too much zone, I think M will make them pay dearly.

3 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

One of the more interesting Super Bowls in a while. Philosophical clash, KC is the new school throw the ball all over the place team without much defense. SF is the classic winning formula of run the ball well and play great defense. I think SF will win but I’m rooting for KC. 

Chiefs defense has improved greatly the past few weeks. Definitely not on par with SF per se but they're not the bottom-tier group they were at the start of the year. 

I'll take the Chiefs.

I think the game comes down to whether or not Jimmy G will need a big game to win.  Even if the 49ers can run, they might still end up trailing in this game.  Mahomes looks unstoppable right now.  49ers are very good in the trenches on both sides of the ball, but I think Mahomes puts the Chiefs up at some point and changes the landscape of the game.

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

Chiefs defense has improved greatly the past few weeks. Definitely not on par with SF per se but they're not the bottom-tier group they were at the start of the year. 

Yea, the numbers looked better but there’s some question whether it was the quality of opponents or legit improvement. We’ll see, SF’s offense is pretty good. 

Archived