• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chiefs vs 49ers - Who you got?

Jeremy Igo

I certainly hope the Chiefs win. I despise the 9ers.

It all depends on Chiefs run D vs Niners ground game. Whoever wins that battle wins the game.

If the Chiefs can be reasonably sound in that area, Mahomes is special enough to carry the game. He uses his legs judiciously and that makes a huge difference in the passing game as well. The Chiefs just can't let the 9ers chew up the clock all day.

I'm pulling for the Chiefs.  I made the comment yesterday that there was some irony that last season the St. Louis Blues won the Stanley Cup after a 50-year drought in Cup Finals appearances.  Now the Chiefs are in the Super Bowl 50 years after their last Super Bowl appearance.

That means there is hope for the Cleveland Indians.

The Niners defense is great, and has been pretty much all season.  Defense wins.  But I don't know if I have seen a young QB as talented in so many aspects of the game as Mahomes.  Clutch QB play often is the difference in these games, unless you are a Marino or Elway in his early years who had little around him to help.

Very intriguing matchup.  The Chiefs defense did show some good things yesterday holding Henry to 69 yards in 19 carries.  They played very well at the LOS, not only the DL but LBs and the secondary supported well.  On offense they sustained some long drives after having the ball only a couple of minutes of the first quarter.  If the Chiefs defense can continue to play well, I like their chances to make those diffence-making plays on offense.

But, I would not be surprised either way.  It would be very difficult to argue that these are not the two best teams in the NFL at this point.

Before I look, I would guess the line is "pick em".  No dog in the fight, except for the fact that SF embarrassed us.

I look at the big stage, and I see the QBs reacting differently to it---edge KC.

Just Checked:  KC 1.5 point favorites right now.

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Before I look, I would guess the line is "pick em".  No dog in the fight, except for the fact that SF embarrassed us.

I look at the big stage, and I see the QBs reacting differently to it---edge KC.

Pretty good call.  I am finding a line of Kansas City by a point right now.

Archived