• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What if Burrow?

CMAC22

27 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Not really .. but cool.. Most analysts see him as a more stand in the pocket type like most of the system he played in during college.. Then the rpo movement QB'S... Like Hurd, Jackson, Hebert and Tua..

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/jacob-eason-1.html

Negative 126 yards on 86 attempts in 3 years of college play.. Yeah that doesn't scream Statue..

RPO diesnt mean the QB is the running option. That's the Option. It simply means an option to run or pass post snap.

We were running RPO back in 2000 with Burlein. Interestingly a disagreement where Musgrave got overruled on one by Seifert is why he quit.

5 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

RPO diesnt mean the QB is the running option. That's the Option. It simply means an option to run or pass post snap.

We were running RPO back in 2000 with Burlein. Interestingly a disagreement where Musgrave got overruled on one by Seifert is why he quit.

Okay ...lol RPO is ran the best when your QB is a running threat.. You don't see Atlanta running many RPO plays.. There is s reason for that..

Reality check when Burlein was the QB we were running a west coast offense.. Seifert ran Bill Walsh's offense where ever he coached... So no that would be wrong.. 

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Burrow is going #1 barring something amazing.  I have personally looked extensively at these QBs in the draft.  I really want the Panthers to end up with Jacob Eason.  If that ends up costing #7 then fine.  Sounds crazy but it really isnt.  He can be great with seasoning and time to develop.  Everyone can bust but I would be totally in on his talent.  He can be a franchise QB, I am sure of it.

I'd like to know why you think Eason is more attractive than say Herbert, who shares similar talented characteristics. 

10 hours ago, Jaxel said:

I'd like to know why you think Eason is more attractive than say Herbert, who shares similar talented characteristics. 

Herbert's demeaner alone scares the bejesus out me. Having his dad come out and try and explain why being introverted is okay is a bad look.  You need to be a type a personality to be a NFL qb and Herbert ain't it.  Plus I don't think he has the mental makeup of coming cross country and becoming a leader here on a rebuild.  He just doesn't strike me as a smart dude.  

The only situation I see where we could get Burrow is this one:

Tua comes out of medicals in very good fashion and is given all the green lights.  With the new worn off he Nat'l Championship, Cincy starts doubting that the one year wonder at LSU could be their best long term choice.  They worry that he was a system guy surrounded by incredible scheme and athletic players.  In the last 2 weeks before the draft, they decide to go with Tua.

The Redskins will not move and lose out on Chase, so anyone wanting Burrow has to start with Detroit.  Detroit will make it sound like they want to bring in Burrow to eventually replace Stafford, but that is so they can get a decent haul of draft picks and would be fine to pick 5th, 6th or 7th.

18 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Not really .. but cool.. Most analysts see him as a more stand in the pocket type like most of the system he played in during college.. Then the rpo movement QB'S... Like Hurd, Jackson, Hebert and Tua..

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/jacob-eason-1.html

Negative 126 yards on 86 attempts in 3 years of college play.. Yeah that doesn't scream Statue..

I don't know why, but he reminds me of Drew Bledsoe (which I see as his ceiling). Guy could be a good passer, but lack of mobility will always hold him back....moreso now than it did with Bledsoe back in the day.

5 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Herbert's demeaner alone scares the bejesus out me. Having his dad come out and try and explain why being introverted is okay is a bad look.  You need to be a type a personality to be a NFL qb and Herbert ain't it.  Plus I don't think he has the mental makeup of coming cross country and becoming a leader here on a rebuild.  He just doesn't strike me as a smart dude.  

1st Team Pac-12 Academic All-Conference (2017)
1st Team Academic All American (2017)

Justin was named the 30th recipient of The William V. Cambell Trophy...which is referred to as the "Academic Heisman."

Yeah what an idiot.

4 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

hopeful jim carrey GIF

Probably not...

Sometimes these things are just posturing but I have a feeling this one's true.

At the very least, this is Cincinnati letting people know that if you did want to try and trade for him, the price would be ungodly.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Probably not...

Sometimes these things are just posturing but I have a feeling this one's true.

At the very least, this is Cincinnati letting people know that if you did want to try and trade for him, the price would be ungodly.

Yeah That was sarcasm. I never thought we would give up enough to move to first overall. 3rd pick however woulD take much less...

Archived