• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What if Burrow?

CMAC22

What if Burrow's agent and representation told the Bengals do not draft him? I don't see this happening at all but if they did then they could lower the value for teams wanting to trade up for him! Again don't see it happening but what if it did! Thoughts?

Then the Panthers would still, somehow, have to trade up, if not with Cincinnati, to the second or third pick, paying more than the Dolphins and Chargers are willing to.

So if the first impossibility is eliminated, then you have to overcome the second as well.

Burrow is going #1 barring something amazing.  I have personally looked extensively at these QBs in the draft.  I really want the Panthers to end up with Jacob Eason.  If that ends up costing #7 then fine.  Sounds crazy but it really isnt.  He can be great with seasoning and time to develop.  Everyone can bust but I would be totally in on his talent.  He can be a franchise QB, I am sure of it.

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Burrow is going #1 barring something amazing.  I have personally looked extensively at these QBs in the draft.  I really want the Panthers to end up with Jacob Eason.  If that ends up costing #7 then fine.  Sounds crazy but it really isnt.  He can be great with seasoning and time to develop.  Everyone can bust but I would be totally in on his talent.  He can be a franchise QB, I am sure of it.

No it sounds and is stupid and crazy.. Eason is Osweiler like bust pick waiting to happen no matter what round he is drafted in.. He is a statue who doesn't move.. If we're not getting a 1st round quality QB which Eason isn't then don't draft a qb..

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

No it sounds and is stupid and crazy.. Eason is Osweiler like bust pick waiting to happen no matter what round he is drafted in.. He is a statue who doesn't move.. If we're not getting a 1st round quality QB which Eason isn't then don't draft a qb..

We disagree...cool with it.  He is no where near a statue.  Ridiculous take.

I believe his dad already said he would be happy to play for the Bengals. The only way I see us taking a qb in the first is Tua dropping to us and our staff being high on him. I really think we load up our trenches and roll with Cam his last year. If he looks good you can tag and trade him if our staff still wants their guy.

35 minutes ago, Shocker said:

We disagree...cool with it.  He is no where near a statue.  Ridiculous take.

Not really .. but cool.. Most analysts see him as a more stand in the pocket type like most of the system he played in during college.. Then the rpo movement QB'S... Like Hurd, Jackson, Hebert and Tua..

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/jacob-eason-1.html

Negative 126 yards on 86 attempts in 3 years of college play.. Yeah that doesn't scream Statue..

Even if we have to roll with Kyle Allen for a significant portion of another year, you don’t put a young QB behind this line. He’ll get Carr’d. We need to beef up the line first, that includes #7 overall. Then if Cam can’t stay healthy this year, he doesn’t get resigned and we pursue a QB in the next draft. 

39 minutes ago, Shocker said:

You trying to put us behind the 8 ball even more?

So we going to trade future assets for a guy who could totally be a bust. Now we can't rebuild because we done traded away value picks for this bust of a QB.smh

Shocker why you do this bro?

Archived