• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So... total rebuild it is.

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Xtreme said:

Assuming Cam is healthy and medically cleared, they'll be getting a former MVP QB who fits today's NFL style of play. A current pro-bowl RB, considering they have zero running game, and they'll still be getting an early 1st round pick. We could throw in our 2nd round pick, but that's it. If they want more, give them the middle finger and move on. 

Well I can't speak for them, but I would want more.

Tank for Trevor is coming people. 

For everyone in Cam denial right now you need to prep yourselves for some stuff. Cam will be on the team up to the draft. Maybe beyond. But he’s not starting next year for us. 

If he’s on the team literally the only reason is to show he’s healthy and then get a haul of picks for him so that we could maximize an opportunity to draft Trevor Lawrence. 

Panthers football is about to suck. Just gotta trust Tepper’s plan...

6 hours ago, pantherj said:

If we don't draft an OT with the #7 pick then I expect Cam to be injured and a top 3 draft pick for 2021.

I think there’s a small chance Little/Daley improve enough and Trai Turner gets his head out of his rear AND so does Paradis that the line is okay without big changes, but I wouldn’t put that chance at above say 5%, so I think the odds are you turn out to be right.

8 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Newton determines if it's a total rebuild, not Kuechly.

This also changes nothing about Cam’s situation. The OC hiring was a bigger deal in that regard.

This board went from optimistic about him staying back to “he’s probably gone” gloom and doom again in 24 hours. 

I starting to wonder if we will trade down in the draft now to stock up picks.

If we are in a full true rebuild, as much as it hurts, Cam will not be in the future plans as well.

So that means we will need another franchise QB.

We COULD take a stab at a Bridgewater.  But I see Tepper really having a hard on with the idea of Trevor Lawerence next year.  WHICH, we still may have to trade up in the 2021 draft to obtain.

OR we trade up for a Tua this year.

45 minutes ago, ncfan said:

I starting to wonder if we will trade down in the draft now to stock up picks.

If we are in a full true rebuild, as much as it hurts, Cam will not be in the future plans as well.

So that means we will need another franchise QB.

We COULD take a stab at a Bridgewater.  But I see Tepper really having a hard on with the idea of Trevor Lawerence next year.  WHICH, we still may have to trade up in the 2021 draft to obtain.

OR we trade up for a Tua this year.

tua fits brady's scheme perfectly.   we may just go after him

2 minutes ago, Toolbox said:

all of this doesn't mean much to me if marty hurney is still the fuging GM.

Yeah, Hurney rebuilding a roster is a terrifying thought.  I still keep hoping that whatever his role in the organization is, he won't have final say on roster decisions but that seems unlikely at this point.

21 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Sooooo what was the point of going after joe Brady if we’re anticipating a “full rebuild”? If Brady is as good as advertised he will be gone in 2-3 years, regardless of our production. 

Honestly, this is true. You're not going to keep a really good, young, ambitious coordinator for long considering coaching turnover. Someone will give him a HC offer soon if he's as advertised.

Archived